TX16s

Discuss your radio gear here!
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

TX16s

Post by ronnie42 »

Well i have found out why this is cheap , no manual or battery, Forever pressing buttons to set up and i haven't tried setting up the switchs. Using the Mac its touch and go connecting ( radio and sd card not found) so restart and plugging in often.. Flysky receivers a joke, tried all the versions ( why no common setting for the flysky rx's ) eventually it bonded . Time is money , might go back to Spektrum as i cant be bothered sorting out all the features while looking for setup guides on the net. Another fault is its power hungry compared to the DX7s.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: TX16s

Post by Jimster »

Man, I hate to hear about your disappointment and bad experiences. My Radiomaster TX16S has been a pure joy to use and setup. I get almost as much enjoyment from it as I do my Tiger. I downloaded the manual and printed it so now I have it in a three ring binder. I already had some new batteries and I like being able to charge the radio without having to remove the batteries. I feel it was definitely a huge step up from my QX7 (although that’s a good radio as well).
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Videos on how to set up just about any Transmitter that has been on sale in the last 15 years can be found on U-Tube.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Exactly what I did :thumbup:
I still downloaded the manual just to have it for occasional bedtime reading.
Please don’t give up on it yet.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

ronnie42 wrote:Well i have found out why this is cheap , no manual or battery, Forever pressing buttons to set up and i haven't tried setting up the switchs. Using the Mac its touch and go connecting ( radio and sd card not found) so restart and plugging in often.. Flysky receivers a joke, tried all the versions ( why no common setting for the flysky rx's ) eventually it bonded . Time is money , might go back to Spektrum as i cant be bothered sorting out all the features while looking for setup guides on the net. Another fault is its power hungry compared to the DX7s.
Sorry to tell you, Sir, but I am afraid you dont know what you are talking about.

That radio might be the best thing in the market. DX7s compared to it is a joke.

Give yourself time and patience and you might end understanding why I said that.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi Rad Why spend time and patiently work thro all the features, thats why people buy Multiplex ,Fubata and Spektrum. Its a nice radio but most of us want the basic functions up and running out of the box. Its a steep learning curve, would be nice it they were sold pre programmed with the basics as a premium model. My DX7s is easy to setup with the Elomd app and a joy to use , thats what you are paying for.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I suppose that’s what makes this hobby so attractive to different types of hobbyists. Some prefer ready to run tanks that ship with ready to use pre bound radios and some prefer to build super detailed resin unique tank kits with highly programmable radios with endless features available. Some enjoy Jackrabbit running IR battles, some like shooting plastic BBs at paper plates and some prefer slow realistic tank control driving as a relaxing backyard pleasure. If the Radiomaster TX16S isn’t your thing then hopefully you can return it and get something easier and more familiar to you. It’s not worth high levels of frustration and disappointments.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi Rad Where did i do a comparison of the DX7s against theTX16s , i only mentioned that the TX16s was power hungry. The sellers are recommending 3000-5000 mah batteries.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Ronnie, that sounds like, "why should I learn to play this:"

If I can play music with this?

People buys Futaba and Spektrum mainly because they don't know what they are buying and they don't know what are the models capable of. They have read in a forum some guys use it, and then they go for it. They are stick to basic models with basic functions which also means boring models that I have seen in most of the cases leads to abandon the hobby.

I am really sorry to tell you what you are paying with Spektrum is only the brand and no more than that. Yeah I know it hurts to read it, but if you give time to what you have in the hands, you will see that I am right.

If people want basic functions, then there they have what heng long and taigen offers.

Seriously, you cannot even imagine how powerfull is that radio with the software it has. No mention the support. Can you believe I had even up to 3 new software radio versions in 24 hours just because I asked for some new features or reported some issues? Well, it is true and it happend several times along the years. Some of the features were tank related like when I asked for making the radio vibrate meanwhile I had the machine gun switch pressed in the radio, so it feels like a real machine gun is being shot in my hands. Those guys even made special software to my very own handmade radio, so probably nobody else had or will have some of the issues I reported in entire the world, ever. And I am nobody. Just an user like any other.

Go and ask Spektrum or Futaba to implement something new and let's see what happens.

Complaining it has no manual. Of course it does not. It uses an open software that gets updated about once a week, that is what you should be looking at.
Complaining it has no batteries: That is normal, batteries are not easy to ship. Just get ones, problem solved.
Complaining against the flysky receivers: I have been using them since the start in my hobby, and I never, ever, had any problem with them. You are not happy with them? Well, that radio has a multiprotocol module, so you can use any brand of your will with it, like I do.

Seriusly, it just sounds you are frustrated because you dont know what you have in your hands. Give yourself time. If not, I wish I recover my job soon, so I could more than happily buy it from you.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Jimster All i want is a radio that is easy to use with the Elmod board , 9-10 channels will do . Sounds are nice but is it realistic to hear most sounds while a tank is running ??? . An Open tx radio with all its features is overkill if you can program the tank functions thro boards like the IBU and Elmod.

Return to “Radio Gear”