TX16s

Discuss your radio gear here!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: TX16s

Post by Jimster »

You are 100% correct. We all seem to like what we like for whatever reason. I love all the sounds that I’ve installed but sometimes I simply push a button on my radio and have only tanks sounds playing. Other times I turn the tank engine off and simply enjoy the many ambient sounds playing as I sip a Bourbon or a glass of ice cold water while watching our Hummingbirds. Sometimes I turn my dial up to make it quite loud and sometimes I turn it down low. Depends on what I want at the time. I love having options at the push of a button and manage to squeeze every bit of enjoyment out of it that I can.
This is certainly my personal opinion and in no way do I believe that everybody enjoys things in the same way. They’re just toys after all :wave:
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Now you can add quality control to the issues[video] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTzeik__x_s
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

ronnie42 wrote:Now you can add quality control to the issues[video] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTzeik__x_s
Maybe low battery?
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

...or a dead sdcard.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Battery is ok , radio did not give a low battery level warning. Jhamn may be onto the problem as TX companion sometimes says no radio or sd card. Tried to eject card and it was stuck below the case .Opened up the radio and removed card, the push to remove on the SD holder does not work . Gave all the connectors a check , working now but for how long if the SD card holder is causing problems.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Still having a few problems , playing with the settings and tools lost channel 2 on the gimbals. TX companion can't see the radio or SD card? OK with SD card in the Mac. Downloaded the factory SD card contents now have lost the 2 rotary switches S1and S2 , next up the firmware but i need to get that correct or i have an expensive brick :O . Have all the other settings up for the tanks and started to fire on images. Was searching for the lost stick fix and found a post about tank setup pages when TX was new , any news about dedicated tank programming?
At least this is easy to do.
At least this is easy to do.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Fitted push switches in the TX16s, have them on my DX7s prefer them to toggle switches . Made the wiring link from the easiest 3 way toggle switch. Now all i have to do is program the gun and mg to the correct switch.
Added push switches to the Spectrum for easy firing ,doing the same to the TX16s.
Added push switches to the Spectrum for easy firing ,doing the same to the TX16s.
Switches fitted , now to check if all is well.
Switches fitted , now to check if all is well.
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Well found the S1 and S2 pots , looking in the wrong place. You would think as the toggle switches all start with SA,SB etc and are in the in the Special Functions page S1 , S2 would be there also . We need a TX for Dummies book , not waste our lives trawling the internet for info. :O
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:You are 100% correct. We all seem to like what we like for whatever reason. I love all the sounds that I’ve installed but sometimes I simply push a button on my radio and have only tanks sounds playing. Other times I turn the tank engine off and simply enjoy the many ambient sounds playing as I sip a Bourbon or a glass of ice cold water while watching our Hummingbirds. Sometimes I turn my dial up to make it quite loud and sometimes I turn it down low. Depends on what I want at the time. I love having options at the push of a button and manage to squeeze every bit of enjoyment out of it that I can.
This is certainly my personal opinion and in no way do I believe that everybody enjoys things in the same way. They’re just toys after all :wave:
A nicely laid back attitude to the sort of 'Sturm und Drang' of the model tank customiser's existence, Jim. :D I can almost picture the Bourbon and Hummingbirds, although here it would have to be the Robin, the Pied Wagtail, and the Goldfinch that make me reach for my birding binoculars, and the occasional therapeutic snifter of aged single malt. :D

I can understand Ronnie's viewpoint too. In the old days of music recording, for example, you pretty much plugged in, played, and recorded. Digital systems require endless tweaks to simulate guitar tones, and much more besides. I still keep a 15 in reel-to-reel system, but it almost takes PhD to get the most out of modern DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations)- and time: lots and lots of time.
Aye, there's the rub. :problem:
The same time and complexity issues appear with model customisation. Customisation can now involve: CAD, 3D printing, Transmitter programming, electronics, Vector drawing, blueprints, research etc.,....and that's before the first drop of cement begins hitting the styrene. ;)
Personally, I prefer building models to the rest of the hobby. But that's me. Finding the right balance between what you can do; what you want to do- and (especially for oldies like me)and the time get the balance right is the most important aspect. Thing is, not to get too hooked on material things- still less, trying to reconfigure and perfect them. Unless you're a crazed genius, that is.
Chaque a son gout. I guess the simple answer is, when your doing something that has no apparent reward- (such a pleasure, for instance)- do something else. At least for a while :thumbup: A walk's a great way of putting things into perspective.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Radio Gear”