Flysky FS-i6x

Discuss your radio gear here!
slapshot2k
Recruit

Flysky FS-i6x

Post by slapshot2k »

Hi all.
I have just purchased a Flysky FS-i6x to run my Taigen Tiger 1, which has the V3 motherboard.
I have set it up using the Mode 1 for the sticks, which seems to work quite well. The main issue I have is that the tank will wander right when going forwards. I have tried adjusting the trim and the sub trims, but nothing seems to help. Also I is there any way to assign a switch to the machine gun? I have assigned the SWA switch to the startup/shut down option, but I can't see to get the machine gun to work. Is the machine gun on a separate channel?
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Flysky FS-i6x

Post by 971wright »

Hi The pulling to the right could be a tight gearbox or even a tight track,take a look at these see if there is anything wrong.

regards pete
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

slapshot2k wrote:Hi all.
I have just purchased a Flysky FS-i6x to run my Taigen Tiger 1, which has the V3 motherboard.
I have set it up using the Mode 1 for the sticks, which seems to work quite well. The main issue I have is that the tank will wander right when going forwards. I have tried adjusting the trim and the sub trims, but nothing seems to help. Also I is there any way to assign a switch to the machine gun? I have assigned the SWA switch to the startup/shut down option, but I can't see to get the machine gun to work. Is the machine gun on a separate channel?
Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know when using aftermarket radios, the machine gun wont work in taigen boards.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

If the tank wanders to the right, then there's a good possibility that the rolling resistance is greater in the running gear on the right. As Pete suggested, it's worth looking at the track, to see if it's too tight.,or if the motor output shaft moves easily or not, etc.
One possibility is that one of the road wheels is towing in slightly, and this would create drag in the drive train (just as your car scrubs tyre tread off, if the suspension geometry's out of alignment. That's caused by the wrong Toe-in/ Toe-out settings etc; or castor angle...). Model tank drive trains can also generate similar problems when the rolling gear is too slack (wheel bearings, slack tracks..etc.) :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jgm219
Recruit

Post by jgm219 »

Hi Slapshot. I wish I was posting with a solution, but I've got the same set up with a Taigen Tiger 1/Flysky I6X. I've not found anyone saying anything other than what Rad has stated. I've been looking around to find a way to turn the smoker on/off as well. I'm going to keep looking though.
I do believe I got you covered.
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Yes Rad you are right the machine gun doesn't work if you are using a different radio to stock with the Taigen board
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Ok, excuse the iggnorance question, but why upgrade your radio from stock to a flysky if you lose functions such as the MG sound and light? What exactly do you gain from upgrading your radio. I have personally been looking into this but cannot see any benefit. Only losses.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

The advantages depend on the features of the radio. You can run more than one tank with that i6 and some radios can be programmed to provide special features, like momentum. Rad would know a whole lot more about that. To me the main advantage comes in if you're running a better radio, like an i10. You have extra channels in your receiver that can provide different functions, like Servo controlled machine gun, movable Commander, Etc. But, I still don't know how to get the machine gun to work with a hobby grade radio. I'm not sure if it's even possible. All the tanks I have right now that have the v3 mfu run on a stock controller. If I'm going to go to a hobby grade radio, I'll go to a better board, with the IBU being my personal favorite. Well, that's my favorite since the ASP went out of production. 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Lol, thanks for mentioning me.

I am planning to write a full article in my blog talking about the importance of radios, but I could resume it as simple as this "The radio is the most important part of the hobby, and the model" (or at least for me it is, and I will explain why, but you have already read most of my ideas along forums)
There are heaps of things you can do with a decent radio, besides what Max already said, way too long to explain. But yes, you get most of the juice when combined with aftermarket boards, like the ASP, IBUs, Elmods, Openpanzers, Clarks and so on.

Unfortunately you can not use the machine gun in taigen boards when using a hobby radio, but this is because it seems all those taigen boards come "defective" from factory. I guess the chinese who designed the boards just forgot to implement that feature, and due there is no way to update those boards ourselves (unless you are a super highly skilled software engineer) we just cannot use it. Sadly as we all know, is not uncommon to get things half baked from china.

Of course there are other alternatives using extra sound cards and so on combined with the taigen board, but then you are entering in a complicated area for very advanced users, and it just does not worth it, or at least at the beginning. There are plenty of rookie friendly aftermarket boards that can suit you well.

But my best tip is to get any radio that uses erskytx or opentx as software. I could do almost nothing without it.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

MG is on 5th channel but there are only 4 channels available to connect to third party radio ;)

Return to “Radio Gear”