turnigy 9x rotary switches

Discuss your radio gear here!
essexbill
Private

turnigy 9x rotary switches

Post by essexbill »

Hi.

I want to use one of the rotary switches on the top of the transmitter for a throttle for a project but cannot figure how to do this.

Any help will be most welcome.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: turnigy 9x rotary switches

Post by Tiger6 »

If you don't know which channel on the receiver it corresponds to, then you can simply plug a servo into each channel in turn (along with a suitable power source, obviously - UBEC, esc, etc) while using only the rotary switch and see which channel gets a response. Once you know which channel is the correct one, you should be able to plug the speed controller in and it should work?

At most I could imagine that you might have a problem that the signal goes from neutral to maximum (e.g. 0% to 100%) instead of maximum -ve to maximum +ve ( -100% to +100%), but how the esc would interpret that is entirely down to that individual model (i.e. the Tamiya DMD requires calibration by the user, where as El-Mod looks at the incoming signal and figures it out for itself)

If all else fails then you'll have to bring it to the next club meeting with the instructions, and we'll have a look :thumbup:
Last edited by Tiger6 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
essexbill
Private

Post by essexbill »

Hi.

Yes have spent an evening flicking switches with servos plugged in but no success, so next meeting it might have to be.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

I assume the reciever has the same number of available channels as the receiver? Otherwise, the receiver will only see channels 1-X, and ignore inputs from Y and Z no matter what you do..
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I guess you have to flash er9x in the radio. Once you do it, you can do everithing you can imagine with your radio.

The stock firmware makes the radio almost useless.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “Radio Gear”