A good combination????

Discuss your radio gear here!
davejay
Recruit

A good combination????

Post by davejay »

Hi all,

I've got a IBU2U base fitted to my much upgraded HL Tiger 1.

Tried setting it up with RadioLink T4EU which ended up being a disaster as the aforementioned tx and rx are cr........rubbish.

Bit the bullet and ordered a FlySky i6 10channel set from evilbay.

Just wandering if this is a good set to go with the IBU.

(Setting up the IBU with a cr@p radio set was an absolute nightmare, none of the inputs made sense even though the set up was followed to the letter, not one to give up so will carry on carrying on somehow!!!!!)

Cheers guys.

Dave
Tanks for the memory?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: A good combination????

Post by Max-U52 »

Since you already ordered it I'd say it's a bit late to ask now, eh? @) :haha: :haha:

But, fortunately for you, you ordered exactly the best radio for the IBU2 (IMHO). I use both the i6 and the i10 and wouldn't trade them for all the tea in China.

You might need a self center kit for the i6? Ian has them at RCTankelectronics.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you spent a little time wandering around Ian's store, it is on the web site header at
http://www.rctankelectronics.com
you would find everything you need for controlling your Tiger Tank including a Radio which comes preloaded with Tank Software instead of Aircraft or Drone software.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

But no worries, your i6 will do the job nicely, and probably the worst you'll have to do is reverse a servo or two. It's a ridiculously easy radio to program, and there are several good tutorials online. When you step up to the i10 the tutorials are right on the radio! It actually has a decent help section that can walk you through most basic functions and programming. A radio that teaches you how to use itself is exactly what an old hippie like me needed. I probably wouldn't have been able to do half the stuff i did on the Hetzer if the i10 wasn't so easy to use.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

I just fitted an IBU2U in my panther I purchased from Tom just this morning and have another in my Jagdtiger

Both radios I use are a turnigy 9XRPRO and a flysky FSi6

Super easy to program. :thumbup:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Here's my i6 and Turnigy 9xrpro. Make sure your rx wires are in properly and get familiar with your radio functions before you start assigning switches. I label mine with painter's masking tape so I remember the orientation of each of the auxiliary switches. ImageImage
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Also, did you get the full option 8 channel IBU2U or the base IBU2U?
davejay
Recruit

Post by davejay »

Thanks for the replies guys, glad i got more or less the right radio set!!!

I have the IBU2U base, will update to full option once im up and running. Its all baby steps when youre a newbie!!!

Dave
Tanks for the memory?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Ok. That should be even easier to setup with the Base version. I'm running 8 channels, but you can easily run the base version like I have in my Jagdtiger with the i6.
davejay
Recruit

Post by davejay »

Yay!!! Got my Flysky set today delivered from Evilbay via the Royal Mail, absolutely very pleased with the set.
Done my calibration and got everything wired up, the only problem I'm having is that when in reverse the Tiger is difficult to turn/nigh on impossible! Moving forward is great, steers well to the left and right, doesn't do that crazy super spin but just won't do the same in reverse.
Any help/advice with this would be gratefully received.

Cheers, Davd
Tanks for the memory?

Return to “Radio Gear”