Strange binding problem

Discuss your radio gear here!
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Strange binding problem

Post by Davarama »

Hi, whilst I'm familiar with binding issues I have found a new one!

Setup is ibu3, Flysky fs-i6 10 channel and an fs-ia10 RX. Tank was 2nd hand and after I bound my tx it all worked flawlessly.

After a run today and a recharge of the 3s lipo the tank came to life using the hull on/off switch but ignored all tx signals. Went through the binding again and everything was fine until I turned tank off, same problem.

Got RX out and connected bind plug and power and had no problems binding, connected a servo and that worked. On starting bind I get quick red flash, bind and it goes solid, turn tx off but leave RX power on and it does a slow flash, turn tx on and solid again. As soon as I remove the power to the RX it goes back to quick flash when powered up!

I have tried different variations of the binding process but just can't get it right, I've charged batteries and checked connections. I know for a fact it's something I've done so can someone please help?

Cheers, Dava.
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Strange binding problem

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Sounds as though the bind settings are not being retained by a piece of flash memory in the TX or the RX. In a similar situation, when a cell (or button) battery in a PC motherboard goes flat (and they do after several years), all user settings in the CMOS are lost at shut down, even though the computer can be made to work properly on reboot. This is just a wild guess. Perhaps there's a 'save' command in there somewhere that you're missing on the TX when binding? My Spektrum has a 'save' button, for instance. Good luck anyway; it must be very frustrating. :thumbdown:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Post by Davarama »

Thanks, sort of what I was thinking, whatever internal memory it has isn't working. What you have said makes perfect sense so have ordered a new one.

Thanks, help much appreciated.

Dava.
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Dava I had a very similar situation recently with a hobby king receiver. I ordered a few since I have multiple models bound to my turnigy 9x radio. Every time I turned the tank off it wouldn't be able to restart. The rx would not hold the "bind" and I had to redo it several times. I realized it was no good and bound another one and it works perfectly.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Post by Davarama »

Yep, got two on order!
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Post by Davarama »

Just been thinking this over, as it stands the RX loses bind when powered off so solution would be to keep it powered all the time.

Not really an option with lipo as although the current drain is minimal I wouldn't want to leave the tank switched on.

I have just binded my faulty RX with bind lead in place and power into one of the servo ports. Removed bind lead and plugged a 4x AA battery box into battery port on RX then removed lipo so the RX has constant power from AA rechargables that I couldn't care less about running flat. This should give a good days running with the rest of the tank switched off when necessary.

Works in theory but I haven't tried it in tank. Bearing in mind most members of this forum, and their dogs, will know far more about these things than me could someone who knows what they are talking about give some feedback? I'm assuming that RX will automatically take power from the battery port and ignore power supplied via the servo ports?

Obviously this is only a temporary measure until new RX turns up but I hope to get some running done without constant binding every time I take a break.

Thanks, Dava.
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2

Return to “Radio Gear”