Transmitter

Discuss your radio gear here!
h5djr
Recruit

Transmitter

Post by h5djr »

I have just had a Tamiya Jagdpanther made for me and I looking for a good radio set to go with it. Do any the current crop of manufacturers make a 2.4GHz transmitter where the left-stick does not have a ratchet and is self-centering.

My old Futaba 40MHz SkySport 4 was like this but a lot these days seem to have a ratchet on the left sick. Great for flying but not for tanks. Thanks.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Transmitter

Post by c.rainford73 »

h5djr wrote:I have just had a Tamiya Jagdpanther made for me and I looking for a good radio set to go with it. Do any the current crop of manufacturers make a 2.4GHz transmitter where the left-stick does not have a ratchet and is self-centering.

My old Futaba 40MHz SkySport 4 was like this but a lot these days seem to have a ratchet on the left sick. Great for flying but not for tanks. Thanks.
I purchased this set from Mr Maxmekker on this forum. Most excellent radio self centering sticks

https://goo.gl/images/dfEVY9
Tanks alot.... :wave:
h5djr
Recruit

Post by h5djr »

Has anyone used the Futaba 4YWD 4-channel transmitter 2.4GHz FHSS / R214GFE (for RC Tank/Truck) available from RC Jaz.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Pretty much all tx's are desigened for flyers, as the truck guys use the pistol grip tx's. That leaves us out in the cold. However, most manufacturers also sell a conversion kit, eg a piece of plastic and a spring, that is easily installed and that makes the stick spring loaded and self centering like the other one.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
h5djr
Recruit

Post by h5djr »

That's the nice thing about this Futaba 4YWD 4-channel transmitter 2.4GHz FHSS / R214GFE. It designed for Tank and Truck use with both sticks self-centering. I currently use a Futaba 40MHz T4VF Syksport 4 transmitter with my Tamiya Tiger 1 tank and it works just as I want it to. I have made a small modification to have two buttons for firing the main and machine guns. Earlier today I noticed one of the same units for sale on eBay so I may just purchase that.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

My new Taranis Q X7 comes with self-centring sticks.

Return to “Radio Gear”