Broken receiver wire

Discuss your radio gear here!
Plagerreap
Recruit

Broken receiver wire

Post by Plagerreap »

Ok, so on the internet I've seen are the wires/antennas breaking off the remote, and not the actual vehicle. But mine broke off right at the panel (control chip doo hickey) and from the FEW helpful articles on the internet, I am to understand that the cord has two separate wires, one a ground, and they aren't supposed to touch...I'm afraid when I soldered them back on, they were touching.... and I'm curious if there are two separate pieces I'm supposed to solder them too, or just one on each end of the piece. It's a Heng Long product. The original tank was a 1:24 air soft Leopard 2A5. (I had gotten two, one too keep, one to tear apart and explore ect.)
HL Abrams M1A2
---------------------
Home made
--------------------
T-90SM

-NO SIR I WILL NOT ABANDON MY TANK MY GUN IS STILL WORKING AND I WILL GET THESE BASTARDS
Spam In A Can 26
Lance Corporal

Re: Broken receiver wire

Post by Spam In A Can 26 »

If I'm reading you right you've effectively removed the antenna electrically speaking. (shorted it). I wouldn't Xmit till that's fixed as the signal energy goes somewhere & back as a reflected Standing Wave is a bad idea.
Without a pic its hard to say, but in general the center wire is the "signal" & the outer shell is the ground. I an emergency you could connect the signal to the board at its original location & extend the ground to any metallic part of the case (except a PCB).
Plagerreap
Recruit

Re: Broken receiver wire

Post by Plagerreap »

Ight, I'm an idiot and didn't understand much of any of that but I can send a pic of my problem.

The black wire is the one that broke off, and me being the usual idiot just twisted it, soldered it back on and expected it to work, and well it didn't.....
Attachments
The black wire is the wire that broke off
The black wire is the wire that broke off
IMG_0842.JPG (75.26 KiB) Viewed 1063 times
HL Abrams M1A2
---------------------
Home made
--------------------
T-90SM

-NO SIR I WILL NOT ABANDON MY TANK MY GUN IS STILL WORKING AND I WILL GET THESE BASTARDS

Return to “Radio Gear”