Spektrum DX6i backlighting kit

Discuss your radio gear here!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Spektrum DX6i backlighting kit

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I bought a Flysky FS-T6 last year (also appears as a Turnigy), and was pleased to discover that this budget model has some neat features, despite its cheapo-metal-plated-plastic exterior trim. One really desirable feature,
is the backlighting on the display :thumbup: . Sadly, that feature is lacking on my far more expensive Spektrum DX6i. Quel Bummer. :-<
I remedied this lately with a backlighting kit from: https://www.tech4rc.com
Fitting it is straightforward, albeit a bit fiddly; especially if you have fingers like gherkins (I don't..but you might have :lolno: ). I've seen other solutions on Youtube, but some involve cutting wires and soldering. This kit
has the virtue of being plug 'n' play, so to speak.
There's also a good demo of the fitting process on Youtube, although the video is surprisingly grainy..almost like an old VHS. But, don't let that out you off if- like me- you get fed up of needing a torch to accompany your prized TX on poor light days. The kit itself is based on the one sold by Turnigy, and is really quite inexpensive.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Spektrum DX6i backlighting kit

Post by jarndice »

As you say a bit grainy :crazy: But a brilliantly simple mod, :clap:
I don't use my DX6i for my armour it is exclusively for my Aircraft but on a cloudy day losing the screen in shadow can very soon become an expensive CRASH :O
My Turnigy 9x from Ian (Tankbear) controls my Tanks. Thank you for a very helpful heads up. :thumbup:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Spektrum DX6i backlighting kit

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Glad to be of service, Lt :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Radio Gear”