Receiver Battery

Discuss your radio gear here!
GD485
Recruit

Receiver Battery

Post by GD485 »

Hi All,

I'm new to RC models and I am just starting to get the bits together to build a Torro Metal pro kit of the Tiger 1 in 1/16 scale.

After a lot of internet trawling I liked the idea of the IBU3 control unit. As this can use 8 channels I opted for the Futaba 8J radio system.

One problem I discovered is the IBU3 comes with wires to connect to the R2008SB receiver but dosen't have polarity keys on the plugs. So , can anyone help me sort out this little problem,please.

Another thing has been on my mind is the receiver battery. Am I right in thinking most tanks use the same battery for the motors to feed the receiver?

Is there any reason why a separate battery isn't used (apart from the need to recharge it). My thinking is the radio system would be much happier working on its own clean supply than the electrically noisy main drive battery.Am I being way too fussy?
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Receiver Battery

Post by tomhugill »

Youre being way to fussy, it has a Bec which works fine. Regarding the polarity it's a case of read the manual everything's there.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

White wire goes on the side with the notch on the reciver. But again this info is in the manual.
GD485
Recruit

Post by GD485 »

Thanks.

Return to “Radio Gear”