Turnigy TGY-i6S rotary buttons .

Discuss your radio gear here!
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Re: Turnigy TGY-i6S rotary buttons .

Post by Biasphere1 »

UPDATE , before I sent the radio back I did a little more research and it seems that the VrA/VrB switches work differently on different clone versions of the original Flysky radio. The original works as per every set up video of a Clark SBUS set up video , IE, the switches flick back to centre and turns off the function . The Turnigy clone doesn't it is more a dual potentiometer and slowly goes from centered to "on" but must be physically moved back to "off"
This Clark statement below was what triggered me to look further .

TK24 10-CH S.BUS control mode scheme ( Based on FS-i6S transmitter + FS-iA10b/6b Receiver )
Transmitter: FS-i6S, self-centering VrA and VrB type Radio

So I figured it out and notified HobbyKing and they're happy I'm happy they offered me discount coupons to redeem but I declined as this has all been "on me" so to speak .They may advertise the difference between their version and the FLySky or not they're looking in to it .
Long story short I swapped out Channel 8 (SWC) to Channel 10(vrB) and Channel 10 to SWC , I've left Channel 9 (VrA) alone as I can creep the dial/pot up to the machine gun sound and flashes and then just creep it back to make it stop. So I fire the cannon and MG1 from SWC now and start/stop and in/out of gear with VrB . With SWB down I turn the lights on/off with VRB .
So a storm in a tea cup and it was all on me , we live we learn and move on but most importantly no animals were harmed .
If I hadn't been put on to this by Max I would of sold the board and never bought a CLARK product again and sullied their name at every opportunity .The next board I bought would of still exhibited the same issue I'd say too.

Cheers .
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Glad you got it figured out. I was afraid there was some difference between the radios.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:thumbup: great then, if found a solution... but I remain convinced that by doing the tests with an RX and servos on each channel, you can see a lot of things (personal opinion) you have to be taken to learn
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

Jofaur86 wrote::thumbup: great then, if found a solution... but I remain convinced that by doing the tests with an RX and servos on each channel, you can see a lot of things (personal opinion) you have to be taken to learn
Yup I'll be more cautious next build .
I was amazed by most everything I plugged in to the Clark working first run and if it didn't work it was usually a setting or something I did and not the Clark board . Like most everything flashes , smokes or goes boom , revs up, drives or in general does what it's supposed to do , and none of that was because I knew what I was doing , it was a Clark board thing. I used to make stuff work with servo's mainly , this stuff is way new to me .
The one thing that didn't tie it all in was the radio and that was a me thing . The FLySky unit that CLARK and most youtube uploads use is a dead ringer for the one I bought . They can actually share firmware too , so at some stage there might be a firmware fix that I can swap back to VrA and VrB .The two radios are nearly identical, I would have to read either in my hands to know which was which , but we know now.
Cheers and thx for all your help guys , you guys rock!

Return to “Radio Gear”