FrSky Taranis Qx7 Battery

Discuss your radio gear here!
Jimster
Lieutenant

FrSky Taranis Qx7 Battery

Post by Jimster »

I was so happy to receive my Taranis Qx7 today but lo and behold it does not even have a AA battery tray in the battery compartment. WTF? I know that a Lipo battery will fit in the battery space but damned, I have rechargeable AA batteries and wanted to use them. Should I try to get a battery tray or should I get a Lipo battery and charger for it? For crying out loud!
Just found out the left stick is NOT self centering. It’s supposed to be!! How do fix that?! A spring is missing and I don’t even see the mounting points for a spring on the left stick.
Last edited by Jimster on Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: FrSky Taranis Qx7 Battery

Post by Jimster »

I just ordered a AA battery tray for it since I have rechargeable batteries already and I figured out how to make the gimbal self centering. Problems solved.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:I just ordered a AA battery tray for it since I have rechargeable batteries already and I figured out how to make the gimbal self centering. Problems solved.
Apparently, The QX7 now ships without a battery tray. Quite why, I don't know. :problem: Without batteries, it couldn't represent a risk in transit, anyway. I had to buy one for mine as well. :/
Activating the spring mechanism in the gimbal,, to make it self-centring, is fairly straightforward. It involves the same adjustments needed to make the Spektrum DX6i tank compatible.
Apart from the tray ripoff, the Taranis is a superb bit of kit :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Good to hear. I usually have bad luck with electronics (my fault usually by getting in a big hurry :{ ) and thought I received a janky unit but I feel much better about it now. I’ve got an Elmod Fusion Pro on the way so I hope this radio helps make the magic happen.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Good to hear. I usually have bad luck with electronics (my fault usually by getting in a big hurry :{ ) and thought I received a janky unit but I feel much better about it now. I’ve got an Elmod Fusion Pro on the way so I hope this radio helps make the magic happen.
Two really top-notch bits of kit there, Jim, by all accounts :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Radio Gear”