Guess I’ll have to wait a bit.

This board contains guides to painting and weathering, please post your tips, tricks and tutorials here.
Ragnar
Corporal

Guess I’ll have to wait a bit.

Post by Ragnar »

Trying out the Tamiya paints (Desert yellow xf59) and everything went pretty well, got the sides of the turret painted in preparation of some decent water slide decals.also note I was able to sand down and remove the the view blocks.gotta love the the sanding drums that come with a Dremel tool.
Unfortunately it’s definitely the wrong time of the year to work in a garage in ol’ Arizony! lol ........110 degrees at 11.00am this morning.
Probably about 20 degrees hotter in the garage,add a heat radiating aluminum door and you ain’t staying out there long,even after opening the door. Come’on October get a move on lol.ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But it’s a dry heat!
HL Panzer III
Taigen Tiger 1 Mid Metal edition
Pak36
Private

Re: Guess I’ll have to wait a bit.

Post by Pak36 »

I know what you mean! The UK is currently suffering under similar heat, and when I tried paining, I could not get a smooth finish as the paint was basically drying as it hit the surface, leaving a gritty finish. Even brush painting was a bust as I had to really thin down the paint to keep it workable.

At least when it's cold you can put a heater on.....when it's too hot...you just have to put up with it

Return to “Painting and Weathering”