1/6th Oddballs Tank

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
oddballseattle
Recruit

1/6th Oddballs Tank

Post by oddballseattle »

Hi All,
I wanted to show an update of my 1/6th Oddball's tank from Kelly's Heroes. I started with the Dragon static model and converting it to RC. I have gotten a lot of material and help from John at East Coast Armory and Ryan at Spyker Workshop. Also, Dave at Armorpax has been great to work with. This is my first build. I got the bottom hull up and running. Now I am working my way up. Here are the latest pics. I also finished my custom Oddball figure.
Attachments
suspension.jpg
hatch.jpg
hatch.jpg (50.67 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
rear deck.jpg
rear deck.jpg (58.99 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
rear.jpg
tank.jpg
Oddball
Oddball
IMG_20211109_222322540_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg (63.66 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
square4
Lance Corporal

Re: 1/6th Oddballs Tank

Post by square4 »

Looking good ,great oddball painting, will watch out for updates. :thumbup:
I never finish anyth
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Post by AGKPeiper »

Very good work there.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Only postive waves man :D
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Nice, very nice,
Just need Moriarty now for the negative waves ..lol.
Awesome figure.
Sub.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Kaczor wrote:Only postive waves man :D
Man that's good! I wish I would of thought of it sooner! :clap:

OBS,

Love the figure, even looks like real whiskers! :crazy: Kaczor's Oddball figure has a near perfect "stoned" look to it, IMO! Gotta love all the creations of Oddball and his tank!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Fascinating project that few can manage, afford or find room for. Very good work so far.

I imagine there won't be much of the original Dragon kit left once you are finished. You are well under way. There is no end as to what can be replaced and improved. I know a bit because for my static 1/6 Sherman, even minor "look and feel" enhancements end up costing hundreds of dollars in upgrades from these vendors. I can only imagine the budget for this one. And when it is done, there is the storage/display/transport situation that needs to be managed til end of live.
boothill
Recruit

Post by boothill »

Like your Kelly's Heroes tank, I too am interested in it and have been watching the movie, I tried to get screen grabs of the tank all through the movie, so if I ever start a model, I would have some reference material. Since you asked about the tracks I will try to post a few pictures. I saw on another build of the same subject, he was criticized for not having the pipe tied down on his tank. Of all the pictures I got, there were a couple of the pipe. a couple were laying on the side of the upper hull and the one time it was on the gun was when they pulled up in the tunnel from the darkness, but I don't think it was in the rest of the movie. Continuity person must have got fired or high and forgot it for the rest of the movie.
Attachments
the pipe.jpg
the pipe.jpg (27.76 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
right side suspension.jpg
right side suspension.jpg (75.67 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
right side suspension 2.jpg
right side suspension 2.jpg (38.03 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
idler wheel.jpg
idler wheel.jpg (71.69 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
drive wheels.jpg
drive wheels.jpg (63.8 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
Last edited by boothill on Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Almost every scene have different stowage configuration (i.e. camp, tunnel attack etc.) ;) I choose to build version from the end of the movie Claremont assault. I have tons of Blueray grabs ;) The pipe was only in introduction scene. In that scene even speaker was in other side of the turret ;)
oddballseattle
Recruit

Post by oddballseattle »

Thanks for the pics. Yes, I did the same thing you did. Try to grab as many stills as I can. I did not go with the pipe as it is only in that one seen. I have been collecting the duffle bags and mussette bags to hang off the tank. I found a milk jug salt and pepper shaker that is about the right size. Still trying to figure out how to make the speaker.

Return to “Larger Scale Military”