Me 1, Wife 0...um, I think?!?

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Me 1, Wife 0...um, I think?!?

Post by EAO »

Hi guys,

I've been mighty remiss in updating this for a long while! Unfortunately, not much is happening. I talked to Mark recently and he has all the bits and bobs acquired for my Panther, sans hull and turret! :problem: They are in the works as I type this, but Covid has once again fouled some things up...once again! I'm really not in any real hurry. It's odd, I have no patience but can be plenty patient. :wtf: Many times I have saved money for nearly a year to buy myself a very special, long wanted firearm. Then once acquired, it's placed in my gun safe where it may sit for a year and a half before being taken out to the range for it's first test shoot. :crazy: Odd, but that's me! This slow down has given me time to reassess and add a few more features to this build. I've added an antenna (or aerial to you Gents across the Pond), and will have Mark fit some Perspex into the vision ports too. The price tag keeps getting bigger, but if you're going to do it, why not really do it?!

Speaking of money...and Wife's. We had the best Summer in 13 years and dug ourselves out of the hole that 2020 created. Our business is branching out into new territory and services, and we are going to be building a new building here this Winter. I believe this is all part of Jess' "Murder Plan" for me! She's simply going to kill me by overworking me and pushing me until I lose it! It will, or should look natural enough! She has a great business mind but likes to operate in a world of chaos and distraction (like getting up 10 minutes late everyday and then scrambling around to open on time)! :/ We're direct opposites as far as that personality trait is concerned. Which is why I know not to fight her over things like this and just take the path of least resistance! That being said, I'm not getting any younger and every year I get a little slower! However, her financial decisions have always been spot on. I did say that with the additional, potential income generated, perhaps I could even add one of Mark's 1/6 scale JPs to the collection too. This was met with the patented "Jess stare". A cold, severe, unblinking, glare that could chill anyone's blood. Perhaps she still does have murder in mind?!
Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Now back to the matter you neatly avoided: the rest of the 1/6 crew. ;)
To our good Herr Dr., I wasn't ignoring you but just pondering your question. I was thinking of only having Johann as a sort of manly spokesmodel standing next to the Panther like a new version of Buick coming up as next years model. Something along the lines of "this new model Panther G will propel Germany well into the future... or at least until May of 1945". :haha: Well Johann now has a brother in arms, Balthasar "Bobby" Woll! Gifted to me by our very own, very generous Sassgrunt! He only needed the armored MG 34 and gurtsack for a project of his and kindly donated the rest to me! He refused payment of any kind, even for shipping! So seven days later, from just outside the hallowed ground of Pearl Harbor came my package (Hawaii where the air is so dewy sweet you don't even have to lick the stamps...sorry that's a Seinfeld reference). So now I can mix and match uniforms, accessories, etc. and Johann won't have to defend East Prussia alone! Three cheers for Sassgrunt! :clap:

Just keeping y'all informed. (I'm from Wisconsin...we say things like that)!
Cheers,
Eric.
Last edited by EAO on Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Oops, forgot about poor Bobby. Also a better shot of his buddy Johann.

So if I have an antenna (or aerial), I must have a pennant too, right? 1/16 scale on the left, and 1/6 scale on right. The bottom two were made up upon my asking Rob Heilimann of One Sixth Scale King if he could do that for me. His reply was "sure".

There, now I think I remembered everything.

Cheers,
Eric.

P.S. It sure is a shame that Mark doesn't make an Easy Eight, or better yet a Firefly! How cool would that be next to the Panther!?!ImageImageImage

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Congratulations. Just out of sheer noseyness what sports car do you drive? I'm a petrol head but stuck in "dad wagon" territory until kids are a bit older.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

stu_the_flat wrote:Congratulations. Just out of sheer noseyness what sports car do you drive? I'm a petrol head but stuck in "dad wagon" territory until kids are a bit older.
hahahahaaha, Dad Wagon lol
I kinda know what you mean myself, although i had to compromise a 'little' i made sure i keep a good collection of cars to enjoy, no way i was selling them just because the kids come along lol
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
EAO

Post by EAO »

stu_the_flat wrote:Congratulations. Just out of sheer noseyness what sports car do you drive? I'm a petrol head but stuck in "dad wagon" territory until kids are a bit older.
Hi Stu,
Thank you. "Dad Wagon", that's hilarious! Still better than a mini van! But there are some great sport wagons out there too.

Just took my last drive of the season yesterday. A high speed blitz through the Ozark Mountains coming back from Arkansas. Now a quick detail and it's under wraps for the Winter. I have a 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si coupe. Or to us BMW "purists" an E86. They only made them for 3 years. Made to do one thing, straighten corners!
Cheers,
Eric.Image

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yow! :crazy: You sure made up for lost time with that post! By the way, I share one characteristic of yours: I get all fired up to get a new [insert: tank/train engine/train car/farm model] and then when I get it, I can leave it untouched, sometimes not even opened :/ for a long time. Could it be a "Wisconsin disease?"
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

EAO wrote:
Hi Stu,
Thank you. "Dad Wagon", that's hilarious! Still better than a mini van! But there are some great sport wagons out there too.

Just took my last drive of the season yesterday. A high speed blitz through the Ozark Mountains coming back from Arkansas. Now a quick detail and it's under wraps for the Winter. I have a 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si coupe. Or to us BMW "purists" an E86. They only made them for 3 years. Made to do one thing, straighten corners!
Cheers,
Eric.Image

Very nice, when i did my work experience at BMW years ago, i was lucky enough to get a drive in a BMW Z3M Coupe otherwise known as E36/8 with 321hp. Was lively.

As for Dad wagons, we bought a sensible family car last year for ferrying the kids around, the Dad Wagon is a F11 Tourer, but spec with 3.0d twin turbo because you need to have power to overtake safely. In White, looks like an undercover Police Vehicle as the UK Police do use alot of F11 unmarked cars haha
The other upside is it has a massive boot which can fit like 20 tanks in the back, so its sensible lol
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Yow! :crazy: You sure made up for lost time with that post! By the way, I share one characteristic of yours: I get all fired up to get a new [insert: tank/train engine/train car/farm model] and then when I get it, I can leave it untouched, sometimes not even opened :/ for a long time. Could it be a "Wisconsin disease?"
To our good Herr Dr.,

Yeah, I got a bit long winded on that one! :/ Perhaps if I'd update the post more than once every three months it would help? Mark did say that once all the parts are acquired that the building proceeds "relatively quickly". No worries! :D

Cheers,
Eric.

P.S. As for the "Dairy Land disease" It's probably something in the water, or perhaps it's mosquito borne?!? 8O

UP THE IRONS!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Thanks Will,

Ah, the "Clown Shoe"! :D You either love it, or hate it! Jess can't stand the way they look, but I love them! For a while they became very popular over here in auto cross events due to their super rigid frame structure. Your F11 is a great wagon, especially with the diesel engine! We had two different X5's with the diesel engines and loved them. Mileage was outstanding and the torque was amazing! Cavernous storage and they went through snow like a freight train!

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!
EAO

Post by EAO »

RUT ROW, sorry I watched too much Scooby Doo as a kid!

I talked to Mark on Monday and he confirmed what I've been suspecting for a while now. Like everyone else, I've had a feeling that things weren't going too smoothly watching the bleak evening World news. He's got a pile of parts but no hull or turret, first delays due to Covid and now due to the war in the Ukraine. Things are at a stand still as the major parts for these tanks come from Volgograd. Nothing coming in or going out. I do however, find it interesting that the place where these parts are made has such a storied past. At any rate, I'm not alone, at least 6 others are caught with their tank builds in limbo too.

In the meantime, I've added more detail to this as of yet built Panther. He will be eventually putting a debris shield over the junction of the mantlet and turret. I've also received some beautiful, scale 75mm rounds from fellow member Marco Peter. These things are slightly bigger than actual .50 BMG rounds! 8O Thankfully, I grew up in a family whose motto should of been "good things come to those who wait"! It has served me well over the years, instant gratification wasn't something that occurred too often in my family!

In his downtime Mark has built for himself something he's wanted for a very long time. A huge 1/4 scale Tunisian Tiger 1, it's over 584 lbs. of beast! :wtf: Turret number 132 has the very early squared off exhaust shields, working exhaust flappers, and the rear tool box on the back of the hull. Total price for this monster is close to $30,000! 8O

In a way, this situation is kind of good. Even Jess has taken pity on me and my bad luck! In all seriousness though, it would be pretty callous to be too concerned over this hiccup in plans with all the death and heartache going on in the Ukraine. Of course if this mayhem escalates, and someone pushes a "big red button" all of our playing with RC tanks will very quickly be over with! Just praying for the God awful bloody mess to end very soon. I apologize to our Moderators, if I got too close to breaking the Forum's rules. Just didn't want to sound like it's all about "my horrible problem".

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Larger Scale Military”