Russian RC tanks 1\6,1\8 How good are they?

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
rctiger1
Private

Russian RC tanks 1\6,1\8 How good are they?

Post by rctiger1 »

:D Hello Everyone,
It has been a very long time since I was last on the forum.
I havae looked at Large scale Rc Tanks fora few years now,and as I am closing in on my ponsion,Thought I shouold start making some plans e.t.c.

First off I am not in the slightest mechanically minded(several reasons for that)So any tank i buy will have to be pre built in Full specification.including sound e,t,c,

My main question relates to the RUSSIAN BUILT Large Scale tanks.I did make tentative enquiries about these tanks way back, and I received a mixed bag of responses,which made me think?

so I wouold very much like to ask fellow members,just how good are these tanks? is their anyone who upgrades these rc tanks e.t.c.

I was told by more than one person that they do have their issues with electronics? and some stress on the fibreglass hulls.
I do hope their is someone who can advcie me,its a lot of money to fork out (I live in Norway now)so can buy from the German or Uk sellers of these tanks

Many thanks in advance ;D
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Russian RC tanks 1\6,1\8 How good are they?

Post by Kaczor »

Does the company that produces them have a website of at least fanpage of FB?
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Like most 'Western' products are made in China, so are for example the tanks sold by MarkOne (UK) and BigTanks made in Russia.

Unless of course you buy an Armortek, then it's build where you live, by yourself. ;D
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

Kaczor wrote:Does the company that produces them have a website of at least fanpage of FB?
Hello
They have a web page http://www.mark-1-tank.net/ Not sure they have a Fan page? ;D
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

Marco Peter wrote:Like most 'Western' products are made in China, so are for example the tanks sold by MarkOne (UK) and BigTanks made in Russia.

Unless of course you buy an Armortek, then it's build where you live, by yourself. ;D
Hello Good to hear from you,Yes am aware they are made in Russia,if im correct they are finished off in the UK & GERMANY By the importeres.Amortek are out of my reach Im afraid

Regards Steve :D
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Was surprised the website is still up! Unless things have changed, they come from the firm Alex Shlakther started years ago.

https://www.rctanks.ru

Came very close to buying several for the local market 15 years ago. Even HL was very interested at getting their hands on one to study for future growth but I balked after finding my import fees would be 2-3x the cost ex-work Volgagrad.

Do some searching here or on RC Universe & you'll find a few posts regarding their quality & why many buy from Mark-1. Here's a blast from the past that may rekindle some memories of that gent who-shall-remain-nameless in Florida who was misrepresenting himself to a great extent in the hobby.

viewtopic.php?f=150&t=8702

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... -they.html
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

Xiaoshan_Sailor wrote:Was surprised the website is still up! Unless things have changed, they come from the firm Alex Shlakther started years ago.

https://www.rctanks.ru

Came very close to buying several for the local market 15 years ago. Even HL was very interested at getting their hands on one to study for future growth but I balked after finding my import fees would be 2-3x the cost ex-work Volgagrad.

Do some searching here or on RC Universe & you'll find a few posts regarding their quality & why many buy from Mark-1. Here's a blast from the past that may rekindle some memories of that gent who-shall-remain-nameless in Florida who was misrepresenting himself to a great extent in the hobby.

viewtopic.php?f=150&t=8702

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... -they.html
Hello
Really nice of you to respond to my post,I am getting the same feelings I got earlier when I was given negative vibes on the Russian tanks quality issues,Its a lot of money(Not Amorpex levels but still a lot!)
I am not able to upgrade to better spec,and wouold need someone to do the upgrades where found nessercary? ;D
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

If i had money i would choose 1/6. In this scale great figures and upgrade parts are available.
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

Kaczor wrote:If i had money i would choose 1/6. In this scale great figures and upgrade parts are available.
Hello
Me too,1\6th would be superb! but it must be in good order,and having read lots of reviews and opinions to date the Russian tanks leave something to be desired? I am trying to be fair and just asking questions before committing to any purchase

Cheers Steve ;D
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

rctiger1 wrote:(Not Amorpex levels but still a lot!)
Armortek. ;)
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)

Return to “Larger Scale Military”