Russian RC tanks 1\6,1\8 How good are they?

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
rctiger1
Private

Re: Russian RC tanks 1\6,1\8 How good are they?

Post by rctiger1 »

Hello Again
please believe me if I had some skills I would try and build but I simply do not have any mechanic engineering skills at all
I would wish for a proper job,something beyond me
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Even for RTR tank you have to know how to use power tools or soldering station, nothing you can't learn watching few videos on Youtube ;) And if you buy the kit we gladly help you with construction.
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

Hello
Once again many thanks for your encouragement.As I said their is no way i will build anything.I need to find someone to Upgrade possibly?
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Question is, what do you intend to upgrade?
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

I understand that theDRAGON Tanks are very basic and I know that some have been upgraded with sound e,t,c,
If my memory is correct? ;D ;D
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Dragon 1/6 are static kits so you'll need to add more than just a sound board. Personally, I'd not recommend going there unless you have the skill set to do a conversion & aren't afraid of spending some real money. Spyker should give you an idea of what it can cost.

https://spykerworkshop.com

Again, I'd check out Warprints coming Hetzer kit if you plastic meets your needs.
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

I agree with Xiaoshan_Sailor. Dragon (and other) static kits reqire good skills to make working suspension. In my friend's Sherman there is also custom made gearbox, track tensioner etc.

Upgrading sound ir easy. It's almost plug and play. All you need is money as proper boards like elmod or beier are expensive ;)
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

rctiger1 wrote:please believe me if I had some skills I would try and build but I simply do not have any mechanic engineering skills at all
I would wish for a proper job,something beyond me
Find friends. That's my trick. I am good at buying and breaking stuff, my friends like to fix stuff. Works like a charm! In exchange I use my painting and weathering skills on their tanks.

To clear this up: Otherwise I would have NEVER started this hobby! From day 1 I have told my friends who talked me into buying one "You are the 'unterstutzungsabteilung' ;D)

I see people are recommending Dragon kits. I'm sorry? A tank is supposed to be a heavy chunk of metal. And it should show. Not a flimsy plastic thingy somebody animated to kind of drive. That's pathetic.

Oh well let me be a little more subtle before stepping on too many toes (and of course everybody yelling "if I could afford it I would buy full metal") it is up to you what you want to see / do when you drive around. If you want a tank to gently move over flat area's, plastic is oke. If you want it to crush and destroy, go metal.
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

If you want a big tank ready to go, why not try something like 50kruny has. He had a 1/6 hetzer, looked to run well. I am sure you could do a deal there and pay for the transmitter etc with it or something and then it's ready to go. But like others have said, you will end up fixing or upgrading things as you go along, sonic you cant do you need to find a local network
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
rctiger1
Private

Post by rctiger1 »

Hello
Good to hear from you
I am now sort of thinking about this project and weather i will go forward with it.
but thanks for your imput

Return to “Larger Scale Military”