Russian RC tanks 1\6,1\8 How good are they?

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
cupra313
Recruit

Re: Russian RC tanks 1\6,1\8 How good are they?

Post by cupra313 »

I have a russian tank that i got from Mark. Well,it s just the lower hull,as i will be building the rest of it myself. All the upper hull,electronics,mechanics,sound,smoke etc will be built by me. This way i can make it as accurate i want,as light or heavy i want and of course with top reliability as my priority. Given that i have 20 years of experience on building and creating from scratch rc s from all categories.

The fiberglass chassis is ok,i ve already added some structural rigidity with 3mm thick aluminum. Plus IF and when the fiberglass hull develops a problem,i ll take it as is to my local cnc and have them make me an exact copy of the chassis in aluminum or stainless for 300-400 euros.

Ps1: early photo of the turret next to my 1/10 is2

tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Russian RC tanks 1\6,1\8 How good are they?

Post by tankme »

Those motors are great - tons of torque. Depending on what wattage they, they can draw quite a few amps (up to 100A under stall conditions). I have a set of them rated at 350W running 24V in my 1/6th Sturmtiger paintball tank. I had them fused at 30A until I stalled a track running the tank over a tree stump and blew one of the 30A fuses. Currently I run them with a 40A fuse which is well below my 60A ESC rating. I can't tell from the pics, but I built my motors with some adjustment front to back. I did that because that chain connected to the final drives will stretch (IE: loosen) some over time and I wanted the ability to remove the slack from it as the chain ages.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Larger Scale Military”