1/6 scale track pins

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
siquisiri
Recruit

1/6 scale track pins

Post by siquisiri »

Im converting a dml sherman into and rc and im planning on having abs pad printed tracks made. What would be the best thing to use for the pins holding the tracks together?
Thank

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Saracen
Lance Corporal

Re: 1/6 scale track pins

Post by Saracen »

I'm using 4mm 304 stainless steel for the pins in my printed set of tracks.

Adrian.
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

When I converted the DML tracks, I used 3mm stainless rod. It works, but the tracks are really heavy.
siquisiri
Recruit

Post by siquisiri »

Do you tap in the ends? Glue them? They wont pop out? Thanks for the intel.

sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

I drilled out the end connectors to 3mm, and then superglued the rods into them, (I didn't use the "duckbills" at al). I don't know what the long-term survivability of them is going to be; but I made them with the idea that I wasn't going to run it all that much, anyway. Cutting the rods with a dremel tool cutoff wheel took a great deal of time (with MANY discs) and was very messy. Since I did them, Spyker Workshop came out with their injection molded Delrin tracks, and they are virtually indestructible. If I had it to do over, I'd spring for the Delrin tracks.
siquisiri
Recruit

Post by siquisiri »

Thanks for the info!!! I have seen the spider kits, they are great but Im having 3d tracks printed and see how it turns out

Return to “Larger Scale Military”