1/6 king tiger

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: 1/6 king tiger

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Photos! Videos!. Oh, how cool! Drool…drool…
ravenx
Recruit

Post by ravenx »

Got it home now andf it is as good as it looks. I am sruggling though to find any "stage maroon" pyrotechnics - all suppliers insist now, due to regulations, that qualification and insurance are required. Just for a tiny what in effect is a firecracker. Bah humbug.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

ravenx wrote:Got it home now andf it is as good as it looks. I am sruggling though to find any "stage maroon" pyrotechnics - all suppliers insist now, due to regulations, that qualification and insurance are required. Just for a tiny what in effect is a firecracker. Bah humbug.
You mean there is no real canon in it :O that is a bit of a disappointment of course :D

what a cool tanks!!!
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Ravenx,

I really, really, love your KT! Mark is currently assembling parts for my Panther G build in 1/6 scale. What was your wait time on his work? I'm fully expecting at least 6 months (if not longer).

I must say that the ever tightening and further draconian laws were one of the main reasons I jumped into commissioning Mark to build one of these beasts (that and a fortunate windfall of cash to start the ball rolling). I got nervous when I heard that the 9mm blank firers were no longer available, I figured eventually the "maroons" version wouldn't be too far behind either. :/ Over here in the U.S. there are some "nanny'' States that won't allow an individual to buy or possess them without the required red tape too. Thankfully here in Missouri there are no such limitations. I had a great conversation with Trisha Stumpp at Le Maitre USA, LLC in Las Vegas. They are the importer over here of what is known as "micro-dets" i.e., your maroons. They do not sell to the general public but told me to contact their distributor in Kentucky. I emailed Chris Wyllie at Theatre FX and he responded nearly instantly. His first sentence was "is this for a large scale RC tank?" I was shocked but apparently they are the go to for owner's lucky enough to have one of these big beasts. I did have to go with the small detonator instead of the medium size that Mark recommended, due to the lousy Covid situation screwing up importing. Chris actually said most guys prefer the smaller dets anyway over the mediums... I guess we'll eventually see? They came at a price though, $8 a piece, and shipping by FedEx only. No matter how many you ordered shipping was still going to be just under $100 since it's considered a F2 explosive device! Seems I won't just be shooting these things off left and right at that price! 8O

I know none of this helps you in any way, but I can't imagine owing a big tank without a big bang to go with it.

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
ravenx
Recruit

Post by ravenx »

Eric, just saw your post. Yes I waited for six months but well worth the wait. I am only just getting to know my King Tiger but am very pleased. There is no doubt it is a very imposing beast, I do particularly like the camoflage paint job Mark has done. Whether I attend any "meets" as it were I don't know yet. I just wish I could get hold of the stage maroons but hey ho it is what it is.
I do have a 1/16 Panther and the Panther was probably far more sucessful (hardware destruction, but perhaps not phsycologially) than the Tiger 1's and Tiger 2's put together during the World War II, not that I am an expert.
Anyway, hold tight and you suouldn't be disappointed.
Regards
RavneX

Return to “Larger Scale Military”