Dragon 1/6 PANZER II AUSF.B to F Conversion with RC?

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

Re: Dragon 1/6 PANZER II AUSF.B to C Conversion with RC?

Post by rolling-thunder »

Thanks Adrian, nothing has been discounted yet. Field of Amor Tanks have now released the upgrade kits with the B - C armour kit & the B - F armour kit. I went for the F version for longevity. They have also released the late Cupola. The official release is March 1st but they are still available to buy so I got mine.
I am the Law!
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

Wow. Aliexpress pays off again. From another page on Facebook someome showed off these Gearboxes. With a quick search i found multiple suitable Gearboxes for my Panzer II but this one seems best Takanawa 555 Metal Gear Motors 12V-24V DC Reduction Gear Motor High Torque Low Noise VEC31 T30
http://s.aliexpress.com/B7ZJbEru?fromSns=Copy to clipboard
I am the Law!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Those look pretty cool, and I can see a lot of uses for something like that, but I don't think you'll be happy with the speed. At just 80 rpm on the final drive axle you're going to have a very slow tank. Maybe they make one with a bit more final drive RPM? The final drive on the motors I used for the hetzer is about 250 and that was a bit fast, but the 24v 350w watt motors have loads of torque. With 1:1 on the chain sprockets I get the same RPM at the sprocket as the final drive on the motors.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

I am a bit worried about the final drive shaft being 25mm/1 inch. I may have to see about getting a longer shaft made? I'm not overly worried about the speed for now.
I am the Law!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Where are you? If you're in the states I can machine just about any axle required.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

UK Max. I'd gladly take you up on your offer if the gearboxes turn out to be ok when they arrive.
I am the Law!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

rolling-thunder wrote:UK Max. I'd gladly take you up on your offer if the gearboxes turn out to be ok when they arrive.
I think if it's just a pair of axles I could put them in a padded mailer and it wouldn't cost so much to cross the puddle. It's the tank sized boxes that cost an arm and a leg (and sometimes your first born child), but I've had good luck sending small items in a padded mailer or just a regular envelope (for PE stuff).

The offer stands, just let me know.
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

Max-U52 wrote:
rolling-thunder wrote:UK Max. I'd gladly take you up on your offer if the gearboxes turn out to be ok when they arrive.
I think if it's just a pair of axles I could put them in a padded mailer and it wouldn't cost so much to cross the puddle. It's the tank sized boxes that cost an arm and a leg (and sometimes your first born child), but I've had good luck sending small items in a padded mailer or just a regular envelope (for PE stuff).

The offer stands, just let me know.
Thank you, I will take you up on your offer but i'll have to wait to see what the drives shaft profiles are like when they arrive... or are they pretty standard?
I am the Law!
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

A quick update, the Tank has been put away as I haven't received the upgrade kit yet. I honestly don't know how long I have to wait for it as the laser cutters are busy on other FOA kit. FOA have sent out the upgraded Cupola so I can start work on the Turret at least?
I am the Law!
rolling-thunder
Lance Corporal

I got my Upgrade Cupola and started working on the Turret. First job was to fill the hatch holes & removes the Hatch hinges. Then I cut out a hole & fitted the Cupola. I still have to clean up the Cupola before beginning assembly.
Attachments
Cupola trial fit
Cupola trial fit
34759139_10216337247362173_4141369357005488128_n.jpg (85.34 KiB) Viewed 4003 times
Cupola trial fit
Cupola trial fit
34480903_10216331079247974_3027271788364038144_n.jpg (47.81 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Hatch hole filled & new hole marked out.
Hatch hole filled & new hole marked out.
34670856_10216332360960016_2194249944863342592_n - Copy.jpg (54.76 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
I am the Law!

Return to “Larger Scale Military”