Mark 1 Tanks. User experiences

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Despotes
Recruit

Mark 1 Tanks. User experiences

Post by Despotes »

I'm about to order a Tiger 1 in 1:8 and need some user assurance. Are they of good quality and are there any known issues?
Also, how is the sound quality? Is it least comparable to an IBU3 or TK60?
The Heng Long all metal Tiger 1 1:8 can be had for about the same price. I'm curious how they compare before I make my final decision.
Luckylefty42
Lance Corporal

Re: Mark 1 Tanks. User experiences

Post by Luckylefty42 »

Your better off with a 1/6 scale as then you can add more decoration , extras and figures in the 1/6th scale...the sounds is good but if you can upgrade to a bendini then you will have it all...the 1/6th scale is truly impressive so if you going large I think your better off in that range then the smaller 1/8
Despotes
Recruit

Post by Despotes »

Luckylefty42 wrote:Your better off with a 1/6 scale as then you can add more decoration , extras and figures in the 1/6th scale...the sounds is good but if you can upgrade to a bendini then you will have it all...the 1/6th scale is truly impressive so if you going large I think your better off in that range then the smaller 1/8
1:6 is too expensive unfortunately. The 1:8 Tiger 1 already has the Benedini according to Mark.
Despotes
Recruit

Post by Despotes »

I just placed the order for the Tiger 1 in 1:8. I'm not too worried about accessories. Can't decide on camo/color.
Biarnred
Recruit

Post by Biarnred »

Hi and congrats!

What production model year? Maybe that will help narrow it down. Then what theatre of war - that will help further if you want it to be authentic. Or just anything that takes your fancy I guess, enjoy!

Brgds

Alex
Heng Long Tiger 1/8
Biarnred
Recruit

Post by Biarnred »

I saw this and thought it looks great!:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 61282.html

Alex
Heng Long Tiger 1/8
Despotes
Recruit

Post by Despotes »

Biarnred wrote:Hi and congrats!

What production model year? Maybe that will help narrow it down. Then what theatre of war - that will help further if you want it to be authentic. Or just anything that takes your fancy I guess, enjoy!

Brgds

Alex

No sure what year, but it's a "late" version. http://www.mark-1-tank.net/NewMark1/Tiger1.htm

Return to “Larger Scale Military”