Won't You Ride My Bicycle?

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Won't You Ride My Bicycle?

Post by Max-U52 »

Walked into the Local Hobby Shop to get some paint and you'd think I could just get the paint and go, but nooo, I just had to get this 1/6 scale dragon Bicycle kit with a pair of panzerfaust 60s. Here's a couple photos and a video. I'll post as I go on this one. Hopefully this is the right board for this.

phpBB [video]

I'm already wondering if I can light the headlamp and hide the battery in the box hanging from the nutcracker bar (That's one of those quaint little Yank colloquialisms - Nutcracker Bar. Heh, Heh). Maybe one of these 3mm warm white LEDs with a couple of button batts? Threading the wires won't be a piece of pie, but it should be doable.

:wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Won't You Ride My Bicycle?

Post by c.rainford73 »

Wow that's one great find Mr Max now can we get it r/c'd with an Elmod fusion or something like that..... We can hide the electronics in the figure.... Think
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

On a serious note I will be following this one as its quite unique
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

How cool is that !......you seem to have the art of being in the right place at the right time :) great find buddy and look forward to seeing it assembled.......which wont be long knowing you :haha:

Cheers
Mark
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I might start playing with it this weekend. I can't do anything else with the Hetzer until I get motors, so I might start the bicycle. Anybody have any thoughts on making the headlight light up? Worth the effort, or would it just look like a cheap trick?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

There are a couple of really great builds of this kit on Sixth Army Group; one is even a conversion to a Japanese bike. My favorite is this Volksturm figure, due to the way he mounted the Panzerfausts on the bike and the amount of "on vehicle equipment" lashed to it (which would also be good places for hiding batteries for the headlight): http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/sh ... ht=bicycle
Saracen
Lance Corporal

Post by Saracen »

Now you just need to add the RC kit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDaUvxI8c34

Adrian
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Saracen wrote:Now you just need to add the RC kit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDaUvxI8c34

Adrian
This is amazingImage Image Thanks for sharing now I know Max is going to have to do thisImage
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Sassgrunt, that's a superb build you linked. Like Adolph trying to creep out of Berlin in '45.

Adrian, that video is phenomenal. I also watched the next one about the RC row boat. That Lorenzo cat is an RC God. I won't be going for anything that drastic, but it sure is cool.

I've started the bicycle, or at least the panzerfaust that go with it, which are superb little kits in themselves. Should have some video by the end of the weekend.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So I've played around some more, lots of dry fits, and it's almost time for the airbrush. We'll see how the RLM71 looks.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Return to “Larger Scale Military”