Mark 1 Tiger

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Luckylefty42
Lance Corporal

Mark 1 Tiger

Post by Luckylefty42 »

Will pick this up next week ....patience does reward thouse who wait
Biarnred
Recruit

Re: Mark 1 Tiger

Post by Biarnred »

Nice one. Congratulations on the acquisition! Will you change it at all or any big plans to personalise it?

Brgds

Alex
Heng Long Tiger 1/8
Luckylefty42
Lance Corporal

Post by Luckylefty42 »

Yes it will get a compleate make over once I get it .thatbit I can do easy. It has all the options just needs a new battery and the Coppola cover fixing
Biarnred
Recruit

Post by Biarnred »

Great! Look forward to seeing it one day when back in UK. I have a date at Bovington in August so hooe to see a few RC models there.

Brgds

Alex
Heng Long Tiger 1/8
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Nice one buddy ! luv 1/6 scale...soooooo many accessories you can just keep adding....have fun
Luckylefty42
Lance Corporal

Post by Luckylefty42 »

I'm looking for a mount and MG for the top of the tank . Where's the best place to get one
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

well worth taking a look on Mark 1 Tanks website as I'm sure he has a section on there with various parts and upgrades for the 1/6 Tigers.....also try ARMOURPAX website.....real nice metal upgrades on there for sure and superb detail......hope this helps bud and keep us posted :) Ive been detailing my chally as I'm taking it to a show in August. Still a few bits to get for her but as you know parts can be rather pricey so have to do them as and when.......ALL GOOD FUN :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I just ordered an MG34 from Armorpax, and they have lots of great detail stuff.

Can't wait to see more of this one, and I'm glad you finally found something you like.

Was it a good deal? :eh: :shh: ;) 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Luckylefty42
Lance Corporal

Post by Luckylefty42 »

So I got the tank home this week and she needs a lot of work..I opened her up and cleaned her out..And had a good friend Robert Bruce come over to give her the once over and get her going...put in a new battery ..go over the gears..I put oven cleaner over the whole tank and got rid of the horrible white clouded that were painted on and also found a crack in the barrel that I'll fix in the week plus I took all the tools off and gave them a clean and will be ordering new tie down straps for them plus new track holders and a lot of other bits to jazz her up ..but next is the respray..she is moving with full sound with recoil and turning turret and sounds great..not bad
Last edited by Luckylefty42 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biarnred
Recruit

Post by Biarnred »

Hi Lefty

Looks better already. I inagine quite satisfying to break it down and work through the different items. Dont rush a new paintjob, not sure how good your skills are but if you like me, impatience makes a mess!

Alex
Heng Long Tiger 1/8

Return to “Larger Scale Military”