Mark 1 King Tiger

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
cliveo3
Private

Mark 1 King Tiger

Post by cliveo3 »

I have ordered a full option 1-6th king tiger from Mark 1 tanks ,does any tankies have one and what are they like ?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Mark 1 King Tiger

Post by Max-U52 »

I wish I could help you, but I'll be following this thread with the greatest of interest. Another reason for posting this comment, now it shows up when I check "View Your Posts". Hey, there might be bugs on some of you mugs, but there ain't no bugs on me. @) :/ 8)

So when do you expect delivery? How I would love to do the box opening video for one of these. Can't wait to see more.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Great purchase and well done ! From what I know The front wheel drive Tanks run fine........like the Tigers and the king tigers.....I remember Mark at Mark 1 Tanks told me on the phone you can give the controls of a 1/6 Tiger tank to a 5 year old and do what they want with it......its the rear wheel drive Tanks like the Challengers that need a bit more TLC and adjustments to keep on top off them......so I think the King Tiger should be FINE ! Enjoy the brute when she arrives and keep us posted with pics and bits :) Ive had the Chally running up and down the driveway again today to give it a bit of a run.....tracks are really slack so need to remove a link either side and set the idler wheels right back to minimum adjustment......may do it tomorrow if I'm brave enough lol .........your biggest problem is how to control your excitement until she arrives :haha: And Mark has a great aftercare service if required
cliveo3
Private

Post by cliveo3 »

Really looking forward to her coming ,it will be several months though before she arrives .Mark will bring her himself all build and painted ,paid extra to have a figure move it's head from side to side .I also have a thing about dinosaurs so my life size dinosaur garden will keep me occupied until the big day ,,lol
Luckylefty42
Lance Corporal

Post by Luckylefty42 »

Don't talk about your wife like that , she is not that old
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

cliveo3 wrote:Really looking forward to her coming ,it will be several months though before she arrives .Mark will bring her himself all build and painted ,paid extra to have a figure move it's head from side to side .I also have a thing about dinosaurs so my life size dinosaur garden will keep me occupied until the big day ,,lol

Bloody hell bud....you don't do things by half :haha: Sounds amazing with the Dinosaur garden ! Luvin that ! The 1/6 Tanks are fantastic and you will just keep looking at it........they have a real presence about them.....wouldn't get rid of mine as I just luv adding to it with more detail. There is soooo much 1/6 stuff out there. I did used to have a 1/8 scale Abrams, but there was virtually nothing out there regarding detailing/ figures etc etc so everything had to be scratch made :thumbdown: so moved that one on to get me Chally. I will be doing a few more bits to it this weekend......if the weather dosnt stop me that is :D
Swamprat33
Lance Corporal

Post by Swamprat33 »

The Mark 1 King Tiger can be detailed and weathered to look very good indeed.
They also run well when new.

The concern i have with them is that they are made of fibreglass and plywood and as such are prone to damage from damp or wet weather.
The fibreglass degrades and weakens over time too.

Neither of these should be a problem with a brand new model but most people ive spoken to state that the tanks would benefit from a metal reinforced lower hull.
This makes the tank a lot more rigid but also gives a positive mounting point for the suspension and motors.

Hope you have a lot of fun with your big cat.
Cheers
Tim
1/6 Armortek Panther ausf.G
1/6 Armortek Panzer III ausf.J
1/6 Type 82 Funkwagen
1/6 Sdkfz 250/9
1/6 Sdkfz 2 Kettenkrad
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

My Jagdpanther is 10 years old with no signs of degradation what so ever and there is definatly no wood in it.

Kind regards Andy

Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Spartan tracks wrote:My Jagdpanther is 10 years old with no signs of degradation what so ever and there is definatly no wood in it.

Kind regards Andy

I must say that I agree with Andy, My Chally is 10 years old plus but the Tank is still solid with no cracks or aging issues what so ever......and I think at one stage before I got hold of it is was left in a barn......with a dead mouse in it to boot ! Just a good quality primer and lots of the paints like KINGS ARMY are seriously water resistant. as you can see in the pic some primers used on the Chally before spraying :D And my one is now kept in the Garage.....sadly lol
Image all valid and good points but you will be ok for many years I'm sure

Cheers
Mark

Cheers
Mark
boxerdog
Corporal

Post by boxerdog »

Andy, the jp has got wood in it, and the chassis was braced to stop it flexing with the added weight.
That's also made it run a little better than standard ;)

Return to “Larger Scale Military”