Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post by Max-U52 »

We have lift-off.

phpBB [video]

I'm going to get the tire glue in just a few so maybe tomorrow I might have roadwheels and tracks installed and be able to get a little test drive. Maybe. :/ :shifty: @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Looking forward to it Max
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

It runs!

phpBB [video]

Now I'm going to take a day or two to clean up the work space and get ready for the next phase. I can't really do much more inside until I get the i10 back, which won't be until tomorrow, but then I can start wiring in the IBU2 and sorting out stuff like lights and sound. Something tells me that the TPA isn't going to be enough for this tank so does anyone know of a better amp to use with the IBU2 Pro? I'm also looking into better speakers, probably in the four inch range, using a pair of them.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Wolverine Tanker
Private

Post by Wolverine Tanker »

Looking good Max. Thanks for letting us follow your build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Great to see its alive mate :thumbup:
Going to be a wonder to behold once its done
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So while I'm waiting for the fedex guy to bring the i10 the mail lady brought the paintball pistol. I'll play with it some more and maybe take it apart (probably take it apart) but I think I'll look around a bit more. There's a pistol called the Spyder that looks like it might suit the need, but it's a wee bit pricey. I think I'm gonna join the paintball combat RC Tank forum and see if those guys can help me.

Anyway, here's the first pistol and some early impressions. Advice or suggestions are not just welcome, but requested! @)

phpBB [video]

So what do y'all think? @)

:wave: :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So no thoughts on the paintball, eh? What, on the island you can get arrested for even talkin' 'bout that stuff? Hmmm. @) :/ :haha:

Anyway, Got some good Hetzer time in this morning, until we discovered a major design flaw. The snap-ring/C-clip they use to hold the roadwheels on ain't cuttin' the mustard. The clip pops off, mainly because the groove ain't deep enough and the clip is just a tad oversized, and then the washer and bearing are free to vacate the premises. I've already got it solved in my head, I'm gonna drill and tap each axle for bolts and I'll machine some special caps to hold things in much, much more securely. But ... all that means a complete teardown of the entire suspension system and then all eight swing arm/axle assemblies have to make a little trip to the Bridgeport for drill and tap. It will probably be next weekend before I have her motivatin' under her own power once again.

But it sure was fun while it lasted. This is gonna be a serious beast when finished, especially if I go for the new tracks. Where's that rich Onkel when I need him, eh? :angel: :/

phpBB [video]

I think now we can see the potential of this system. With a bit more tweaking and a lot more design and fabrication she's gonna be something to behold. No one will ever be able to call this little puppy "underpowered". and with sound, lights, smoke, paintball, FPV laser sighting system for aforementioned paintball, and remote operation of the MG34 with LED muzzle flash, when I fianlly reach completion she's gonna be just about the sweetest little Hetzer ya ever saw. Hmmm, I wonder if I could use that last shoulder pot to turn the TC's head?

Here we go again. 8O @) :crazy: :shh:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Hi, Gary
The guy who built this firing system is worth checking out in detail. In another vid he posted, he admits to spending a small fortune building and developing the Tank.. The results are very impressive (or depressive...if you're stymied by your own efforts..) 8O
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Hey Roy, one of the reasons I like what they're doing with the plywood paintball tanks is because they do everything as cheap as they can. They basically just hung a $30 paintball pistol in the turret. I will check this guy out, though, and another I've found that's in the RC God category is a cat named Lorenzo, who made the RC bicycle in 1/6. The guy's got a frikkin' RC rowboat, for cripes sake. He made a Barbie doll that pushes a baby carriage down the street. Amazing stuff going on these days, and we really are living in a great time for the hobby.

So here's the fix I came up with, I just have to pull the swing arms and get them into the shop.

phpBB [video]
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

OK, this might be the setback that kills the project. The axles are too hard to tap, so I'm screwed. With no way to hold the road wheels on I don't see much hope for this tank. Looks like I bought a very expensive static tank.

Return to “Larger Scale Military”