Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post by Max-U52 »

Steenv wrote:Yeahh - I would also like to get an update - Just got my hands on a Blitzkrieg Hetzer myself
Are you planning to change the drivetrain? I did not use the motors that came with the tank, or the speed controllers, but changed it over to a chain drive system running on 24 volt 350 watt scooter Motors, controlled by a sabertooth 2 X32. They say the stock Motors were way underpowered so I just scrapped them right from the start and went with something good. If there's any info I can give you that will help, just let me know.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Steenv
Sergeant

Post by Steenv »

fantastic Max :-)

I have sent you a PM also as I need some documentation that I am sure you can help me with :-)
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

4 holes is ok GaryImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I'm just finishing up the camo job on this tank now, got the numbers and crosses on and still need to do a little touch-up before I give it the flat coat, and I'm not going to worry about the idlers, the tank that I'm Loosely basing this on had 6 vent holes and I only have four, but I don't care. It's close enough for the girls we go out with. @)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rolling Thunder tech
Recruit

Post by Rolling Thunder tech »

Max-U52

Would it be possible to see some photos of the replacement drive train that you installed. I have a new in the box 1/6 hetzer and am finally getting around to starting the build. If the motors need to be changed, that would be where I'd like to start. Thanks in advance for any help.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello Rolling thunder, Max is no longer a member on the forum unfortunately so I don't think you will get an answer, you may find him knocking around on some other forums though but I'm not sure what his contract name would be, hope this helps :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

From m Max Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »