Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post by Max-U52 »

Went to pick up the CO2 line for the paintball cannon and it didn't come in from Mt. Pleasant. They assure me it will be here next week, so this weekend I'll work on the FPV camera and the smoker.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Ok, here I am braggin' 'bout my i10

phpBB [video]

And here's the first test of the smoke system for the Hetzer

phpBB [video]

:wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Man, the RC Gods are smiling on me on this project. The smoker fell together as though it was planned that way. Like a piece of pie. Ok, Ok, or a piece of cake, or whatever blows your wig back, can ya dig it? @) @) @)

phpBB [video]

Tomorrow I'll see what I can do to get started on the FPV camera and laser pointer.

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:Ok, here I am braggin' 'bout my i10

phpBB [video]

And here's the first test of the smoke system for the Hetzer

phpBB [video]

:D :clap: I think that your smoker would make an excellent automatic Hookah, or Chilum for some helpless tanker, with arthritic fingers, Gary :crazy: :D meantime, we can all inhale your irrepressible enthusiasm :thumbup:
Does the 'magic smoke oil' come in Nepalese flavour? :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

You know, Roy, I toyed with the idea of adding an herbal supplement to my smoker, now I'm wondering if I can just turn the whole tank into a rolling peacepipe. Drive it around an indoor RC show for an hour or so and watch the whole crowd mellow out and hit the food court. @) @) @)

Did an outdoor test, partly to see how the exhaust looks in a breeze, and partly to see if I could still get it out the front door with the barrel attached. There's a 90 degree turn involved right at the door and clearance was a concern. As you'll see, I got it sorted.

phpBB [video]

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:thumbup: It looks and sounds truly amazing, Gary. I really like the look and performance of the running gear, and I certainly wouldn't want those tracks running over my toes, even if my feet were clad in steel capped boots. ;) You've had to surmount so much to get here, it must be very gratifying to witness the beast finally coming to life :) :wave: Congrats.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Thanks, Highlander. I think I'll really start to feel a bit of satisfaction when I see it shoot paintballs. I mean, if ya think about it, the main point of any tank is the gun. Everything else is there to support the gun and move it around. If I can get an accurate gun with the laser sight and FPV I think I'll really have something. Then I'll have to decide if I should paint it and sell it quick before stuff starts breakin'!! @)

It's really too bad the gun laws over there even apply to something like this. I think if I lived over there I'd at least have to do airsoft, or maybe some kind of blank gun. With recoil. That's the one thing that's still buggin me, but with paintball I think it would be difficult. I'd have to get a much longer barrel for the PB gun and make a new barrel to go over it, then rig that barrel to recoil. Holding the Mantlet in place would be a problem. Now I need to look for old film of a real hetzer firing. :/ :S :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

OK, that didn't take long

phpBB [video]

I swear that gun does not recoil, but being a reenactment it's hard to tell if that's how a war-time Hetzer would've acted. Opinions?

And that might be my paint scheme, just because there's lots of research material available. On the other hand, the exhaust doesn't match, so it's not the same variant as mine. :'( :'( :'(
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Firing blank ammunition, the recoil will be greatly reduced in any gun. With larger guns, it can be imperceptible. I have seen a British 25 pounder fire a blank and there was no visible recoil at all. The ammunition used in the Hetzer was the same as that used by the Pak 40, I believe. If you watch the live firing of a Pak 40, you will see it kicks like a mule.
phpBB [video]
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Thanks for sharing Richard, very informative.

Return to “Larger Scale Military”