Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post by jackalope »

This is really looking great Gary! You've done an outstanding job so far, can't wait to see more.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Ask and ye shall receive, Jack. Here's more. @)

Had a very productive day. The trigger servo came together very nicely and I think I may be onto a new system for elevation that will be much better. First the trigger reults.

phpBB [video]

And I think this system for elevation will be much, much better, but I think balancing the gun will make or break it. The way it is now I'd worry about servo strength, the stress on the servo where it's mounted, and possibly the rod bending, but I think proper balance will alleviate those concerns. :/ @) :haha:

phpBB [video]

Maybe even some spring assist? Once it's turned over and set on the lower hull the servo will be mostly pulling up to get depression, and it will naturally want to elevate.

:wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And we have lift-off!

phpBB [video]

Next, the traverse. If I can get a high pressure hose this week we just might be able to make roy's day next weekend and punish the tree. @) @)

When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Quick update. Problems keep coming up and we keep knocking them down.

phpBB [video]
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

OK, the guys at Federal Fluid Power really came through to help get me past this little setback. They have this 1/4 inch line that's super flexible and can hold 9,000 psi so now I just have to get the new hose from Spyder, reposition the CO2 tank and get an accurate measurement of how long the line needs to be and it will take about a week to get it made (they have to make it at their Mount Pleasant facility) so Andy is gonna get it done and bring it to Plymouth (he lives near the other shop). I'm kind of hoping to have this project finished by Thanksgiving and it looks like we just might make it.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I wonder how far a paint ball would go with 9000 psi behind it. ;D
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

It would probably just explode in the chamber and spray out mist. @)
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Here's the bench test of the upper hull functions. I have to change the traverse servo for a stronger one and tickle a couple of spots for clearance, and I also want to try and beef up as much as I can for rigidity. The CO2 hose should be here by next Friday so hopefully by then I'll be ready for test firing. Once that and the final wiring for the upper hull are finished I can get down to some serious detailing and maybe even some paint.

phpBB [video]

I'm thinking about making a quick mount for the mobius and trying some Commander's view videos tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be nice, and I haven't gotten any driving time for a while so I'm gettin' a wee bit antsy, can ya dig it?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Super job Gary beyond impressed
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Well, I couldn't just leave it that way. I installed the big servo and I'll take him out in the morning and get some video, along with a little FPV video using the Mobius. The two major projects left are video cam & laser pointer and smoke.

phpBB [video]

Return to “Larger Scale Military”