1/6 Sherman M4A3E4 project.

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
oddballseattle
Recruit

Re: 1/6 Sherman M4A3E4 project.

Post by oddballseattle »

Biasphere1 wrote:OOPS!!! Sorry :{
No issue at all mate .
Did you print your parts or did you buy them from Ryan ?
I think what happens at that centre join for the hull stabilizers is some printers aren't big enough to print a complete stay so they do one at a a time then join them (I think) I have a huge printer so I'm good .
I'm printing right now I threw an idler arm out my fault , I'm a little ham fisted and where the hex rod received in the idler arm it broke .lol
Cheers .[/quote]

Yeah, my printer was not big enough, so I had to splice. It works fine this way.
oddballseattle
Recruit

Post by oddballseattle »

Biasphere1 wrote:I have a video up here of my barrel recoil check it .
If you are using a Clark board with a servo it's usually J2 and it works straight out of the box, just plug and play but use a quality high torque/speed servo for that recoil hit like in real life a digital servo you can adjust to super fast recoil and set the return speed how you like it . If you're just using a physical thru the RX use the flap servo and same use a good servo. If you're just going thru a RX use a Helo setting as you could get all sorts of pop up effects with the extra channels and probably use the receiver/gyro for the 2 plane system the later Shermans had .

Cheers mate .
Thanks, great info!!! I want to get a smoke machine working also but have not gotten that far.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

All parts purchased from Ryan. The printer answer makes perfect sense.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

oddballseattle wrote:
Biasphere1 wrote:I have a video up here of my barrel recoil check it .
If you are using a Clark board with a servo it's usually J2 and it works straight out of the box, just plug and play but use a quality high torque/speed servo for that recoil hit like in real life a digital servo you can adjust to super fast recoil and set the return speed how you like it . If you're just using a physical thru the RX use the flap servo and same use a good servo. If you're just going thru a RX use a Helo setting as you could get all sorts of pop up effects with the extra channels and probably use the receiver/gyro for the 2 plane system the later Shermans had .

Cheers mate .
Thanks, great info!!! I want to get a smoke machine working also but have not gotten that far.
You will .
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

Yr57Jkf.jpg
Yr57Jkf.jpg (68.21 KiB) Viewed 2913 times
Bender
Recruit

Post by Bender »

hello,
being a beginner in radio control (1/6 is a fairly huge scale!), I wanted to know if you could help me by giving me a diagram of the connections to be made from spyker engines for the dragon sherman as well as the list of electronic parts to buy in addition to the spiker kit?
I would like: to roll the tank forward / backward, to turn it right / left, to turn the turret, to have the recoil of the gun with a light diode for shooting, and above all to have the sound (shooting, rolling)
Also , which lipo battery ( or other )take? thank you in advance for your precious help....

Return to “Larger Scale Military”