Me 1, Wife 0...um, I think?!?

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks here, from 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! You may also post your larger scale figures here.

Postby Jimster » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:50 am

You’re reading my mind (although maybe just a short story).
Jimster
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby HERMAN BIX » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:12 am

I reckon that as long as Mr(and Mrs :shifty: ) EAO share pictures of this mythical beast with us, who cares how its obtained :haha:
Oh you will Soooooo be called to account Mr EAO, and you know this will be certain ;)

However the process- we all are the winners at your expense :thumbup:
Bring on the pictures mate ;)
HERMAN BIX
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby EAO » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:22 pm

Jim,
If the Wife doesn't kill you but instead kicks you out, you could move in with me and Boje. I have a very large tent that would hold two 1/6 scale tanks, 2 full grown adults, and one very large German Shepherd! :wtf: Be warned he's a bed hog and fairly gassy! I believe Will Capri said he has a friend who has a 1/6 scale Otto Carius figure that he may sell....if the price were right! Jess seems to still be fairly stable over all this so far, but she is sick of me counting off the days on the calendar like a child waiting for Christmas! The tent is just backup in case things get ugly. :lolno:

She may not have to smother me with my pillow (she said this was her preferred method, but did ask when the two of us could go to the cabin together "to play murder")!!! 8O :wtf: Smothering should leave sighs of petechial hemorrhages, a sure giveaway of foul play. What I'm getting at is that there seems to be plenty of things for an idiot like myself to die from down here in the pucker brush of Arkansas without her "help". Some of you know that I was bit by a rattlesnake in the Fall of 2019, this very one to be exact:

Pygmy Rattlesnake (1024x576).jpg
And yes, after he bit me I picked him up to take a picture...you know for posterity's sake!

So Monday, I opened up the water meter access and saw this:
Texas Brown Tarantula (1024x768).jpg

Then yesterday, I moved the splash block under the downspout and found this:
Striped Bark Scorpion (1024x768).jpg

Ah, Mother Nature...the horror, the horror...

Here I thought Australia was the only place with with everything that will kill you?!? :crazy:

Oh, Herman, glad you dropped by! Yes, I'm sure there will be some price to pay for my "much needed" toy! I'm sure Jess wishes it would be a "myth" that only rumbled about in the cobwebs of my mind! Mark is busy assembling all the parts for this build, and once he has them all he will update me with photos of the Panther's construction process, painting, testing, etc. He keeps a "build log" of all the models he's ever done. I've seen a couple of these and was highly impressed with it all, not to mention how cool it was, watching your "baby" come to life! As soon as my first update comes in, I'll post the pics here.

Well, I think it's time for a cigar, and to go and look for something venomous, or at least mildly poisonous. Remember friends, that that doesn't kill you, makes you wish it had!

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Sergeant

Postby Will01Capri » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:48 pm

this made me laugh hahahahaha
lets hope that if your wife does find out(really hoping not so) how much you spent and then reads these pages, she knows exactly where not to dump the remains.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, otherwise Jim is going to miss out on a cool collection lol

Enjoy the new toy when it arrives and take care
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jee » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:16 pm

well, if I see all these pictures of the animals, I guess she already found out. She is just trying to find the best way :D

If I were you, maybe to check if she raised the bounty of your life-insurance already :D :D

But looking forward to more pictures, of the tank of course although wildlife is also very interesting :D
jee
Private

Postby EAO » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:57 pm

Thanks Will,
She does look over my shoulder every so often to make sure I'm not looking at something more sexy than a JP, sans side skirts and zimmerit if you know what I mean! :haha: Yes, leaving this written trail could work against me, or for me. :think: I'm trying to grow eyes in the back of my head, just in case!

Yes Jee,
Seeing these two elusive, fairly rare, venomous creatures on back to back days does make one suspicious! At one point, it became a little like a suspenseful, "who done it" thriller! I was starting to think "how'd she manage that" and "no, she really wouldn't, would she"?!? 8O Just my paranoia building!

The one thing she has started doing is watching the currency exchange rates, as all payments must be in Pounds. The U.S. dollar is taking a Royal beating by the British Pound...get it? :/ From the time I started looking into this, to the day I finally sent the deposit, the price went up nearly $500! One can only assume that in another 6 months the rates will progress further. Oh well, my Grandfather always said, "you have to pay to play"! So very true!

Watching my back as always,
Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Larger Scale Military