Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Max's 1/6 Blitzkrieg Armor Hetzer Project

Post by Max-U52 »

Things are falling together nicely. @) 8) :thumbup: :clap:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

:wave: :wave: :wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

A little more progress

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

:wave: :wave: :wave:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Motor one installed.

phpBB [video]

:thumbup: :wave: :wave:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

OK, both motors are in, I took this video and took it all back apart to shoot the inside with semi gloss white. I'll get some photos once the motors are back in with the white background and then i'll start mapping out the wiring. Still need input for water resistance, guys, so don't fail me now!! 8)

phpBB [video]
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Got a start on the wiring. I need to open the large hatch in the upper so i can set up a control panel for switches and maybe even a key type power switch, just for kicks.

phpBB [video]
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Extremely neat and tidy install Gary that sabertooth looks quite impressive sitting there. What are you planning on using for your sounds and controls ? Sorry in advance if I've missed it
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Looks great Gary :thumbup:
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

c.rainford73 wrote:Extremely neat and tidy install GaryImage Image that sabertooth looks quite impressive sitting there. What are you planning on using for your sounds and controls ? Sorry in advance if I've missed it Image
I'm thinking IBU2 Pro (on a separate battery). That gives me sound, smoke and lights, and since I plan to use two pots and servos to control elevation and traverse on the main gun, I might be able to use the servo turret rotation from the IBU to turn the remote MG-34 on top. I'm also thinking I might be able to use the servo recoil to pull the trigger on the piantball cannon. That would give me cannon sound, too, and I'd have fire control on a stick. 8|

And none of the placement is permanent, it's just kind of sitting in there until i get a lot more figgered out. Erik had some good ideas for a battery box, and I need to make some kind of plate to mount the sabertooth and the IBU to, and also some kind of panel for on/off switches and what-not. Still lots to plan and build, but that's the fun part, eh? :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

All I need now is the loctite 410 and we'll be making a test drive, but until then I'll do the bench test tonight after work. As of noon today I'm on vacation and don't go back to work until July 10th so it's time for some serious tank buildin'. @)

phpBB [video]
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Tank Vacation !!
Sounds like my Honeymoon to Europe in '09 !!
5 weeks of everything militarily significant................plus a day tour of "The Sound Of Music" for her :{ :problem: which was also, um, a bit military as well

Time to get your Hetzer on mate, no work, beer when you feel like it, clothes when you feel like it, food when you feel like it, sleep when you feel like it :thumbup: :thumbup:
Stuff me, you "1/6th guys" are like Rockstars :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Larger Scale Military”