1/4 scale Tiger 1 (as a driving model)

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
OdysseySlipways
Recruit

Re: 1/4 scale Tiger 1 (as a driving model)

Post by OdysseySlipways »

love it! have you found replacement motors for it yet? some 450/500 watt scooter might do
Firebird
Recruit

Post by Firebird »

No its still running the same motors, I've looked at scooter motors but that would involve a lot of redesign of the front axle because of the need for chain drive. thanks for the suggestion though. I'm looking for some 4 pole wheelchair motors that are cheap!!
OdysseySlipways
Recruit

i'm guessing that's due to the motors using a #10 chain? have any pictures showing your motor to axle?
Firebird
Recruit

Post by Firebird »

Hi Sorry for the slow reply but I dont get on here much, there is no axle just a sub frame holding two wheel chair motors and the gears and bearings seem to be holding the massive strain of the tracks pulling on them, plus the odd impact of the kids driving into and over obsticles, i think an axle driven by chains may have been stronger with the option to change the gearing if you needed too. I will probably try that next time as the next one will be bigger and have a steel hull, and I'm thinking on a small, petrol or diesel motor, the tracks and wheel are the biggest pain to work around though.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I really love a man that thinks big! Go, Man, Go! A steel hull and gas or diesel engine would be just fantastic. And a water cannon!! @) @) :/
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
OdysseySlipways
Recruit

anything new?

Return to “Larger Scale Military”