tuto: Drive sprocket motor - 1/35

Here vendors can post for free any newly released items they have for sale.
Cush
Private

tuto: Drive sprocket motor - 1/35

Post by Cush »

Comments are in french (sorry) but video is self-explanatory (hopefully):

phpBB [video]
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: tuto: Drive sprocket motor - 1/35

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Excellent. My schoolboy French even managed to translate some of the subtitles - the rest I guessed

I am just wondering whether these motors would cope with my 1/16 Panzer 1. If not whether they come in different sizes.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Cush
Private

Post by Cush »

It depends mainly on the weight of the assembled model. The heaviest I've made so far is a Tiger I, 450g.
As for bigger motors, if you mean motor only, it is possible but if you mean the kit made of the motor, the plastic case, gears and shafts, I don't have it in bigger size.
What is the weight of your model with tracks?
Cush
Private

Post by Cush »

Also, an other possibility is to use a slower motor (thus with a higher torque). Motors I use for tracks are 150rpm (can use them for a slow vehicle such as the Hotchkiss or a fast one such as the Leclerc). For turret rotation I use the same type of gearmotor but 50rpm. This may fit your model better than the 150rpm.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hi Christophe.

It would also depend what sort of available output in amps you have for the drive motors.

And regarding people wanting your set up for slightly different applications or heavier machines, don't say I didn't warn you ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Cush
Private

Post by Cush »

Of course, you're right about the motors. Output is 3.7V, up to 0.15A, maybe 0.2A per motor (small models... ;) )
As for different applications and heavier machines, there are some solution, one of them being a "stronger" interface board (I already get this request from naval modelers). Wanna become an investor...?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Cush wrote:It depends mainly on the weight of the assembled model. The heaviest I've made so far is a Tiger I, 450g.
As for bigger motors, if you mean motor only, it is possible but if you mean the kit made of the motor, the plastic case, gears and shafts, I don't have it in bigger size.
What is the weight of your model with tracks?
At present, the tank is still in the box in bits! I am trying to establish my requirements before I start the build. The tracks are somewhere between China and the UK. I will get back to you when I have a better idea.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Cush
Private

Post by Cush »

Most welcome, it's worth a try!
In the same time, I will check again the design rules we've used for the boards, my prev assumption may be wrong: the motor drivers are given for 1.8A

Christophe
Cush
Private

Post by Cush »

So, the whole module (boards) is designed for up to 1.8A, there is not problem using bigger motors but still, working cycles have to be defined to check the heat dissipation of the module (we have not conducted these tests yet as our intention was not to address such big models at first).
As said in a previous post, there wouldn't be any problem with the 1/16 scale for certain types of small vehicles (Bren carrier or Renault UE for instance). Then, Pz I or Hotchkiss would need some trials to see if current motors can be used or not. If not, use of bigger motors is ok but then, we don't have any gearbox available for bigger motors.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I believe it's possible to get modules to fit between motors and control boards, where the control board runs the motors via a FET/transistor, and therefore not having to handle larger required currents.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Vendors NEW items”