heng long truck

Here vendors can post for free any newly released items they have for sale.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: heng long truck

Post by Model Builder 4 »

These are a couple of pics of the rear extension, the chassis rails need to be cut 3 inches long and it retains the framework for the leaf spring rear most mounts, the front 2 mounts fit onto the existing rail and butt's up to the centre mount which needs the piece in the last pic cutting off so they fit side by side , the 2 sections of rail can be joined by running some plates between their channels and fixed where needed. I've temporarily joined the shafts for the rear axels to test it out but I will make a more permanent shaft when everything is in its final place :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee. ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Sorry for the continued questions,how did you make the centre axle with a shaft either side rather than just one?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

No problem Tom ask away sir and I'll help where I can :thumbup: I took the transfer cover side plate with the drive shaft coming out of it off the front axle of my spare doner truck then I put it on the side of the rear axel facing towards the extra axel at the rear so the centre axle now has a drive shaft coming out of both the front and back :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Last edited by Model Builder 4 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

As you can see in the first pic Tom the original rear axle only had 1 shaft going into it which it was receiving it's drive from the motor, in the second pic it now also has a drive shaft coming out of the rear to give drive to the extra axle, hope this helps :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee. ImageImage

Last edited by Model Builder 4 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Model Builder 4 wrote:No problem Tom ask away sir and I'll help where I can :thumbup: I took the transfer cover side with the drive shaft coming out of it off the front axle of my spare doner truck then I put it on the side of the rear axel facing towards the extra axel at the rear so the centre axle now has a drive shaft coming out of both the front and back :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Star man, I had assumed but never assume! I better order a second one :D
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Glad to be of help Tom, luckily they are cheap enough that you don't feel too bad while chopping them up :haha:

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

As I will be making the rear cargo bed I had no use for the original one so as it was lying on the floor behind the truck I had a light bulb moment and thought that it would make a good trailer either for the truck or one of my shermans lol.

Cheers, Lee. Image

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That looks just great, Lee. Obi Wan has taught you well! Very impressive so far, can't wait to see it finished (so I can flagrantly and shamelessly copy all your hard work!). Now all we need are dual wheel rear tires and we're in business. I have a couple from a highway 61 truck, but they're the wrong tread pattern. I imagine if a guy went into the 1/16 scale tire business right about now he could do pretty well.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Hi Max copy away sir :haha: that's my next little task, I have bought a set of tyres from Germany which I think I can magic up a bit to put on the truck, I have 8 for the rear so I've got my work cut out, they may not be the exact tread or rim patterns but I think they will look a bit better if you don't want the chunky crawler tyre look lol, I'll post some progress of these when I get further along with them :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

A close up of the crew :D Image

Return to “Vendors NEW items”