Exhaust?

Fixes and mods for the HL Panzer III
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Re: Exhaust?

Post by SimonCornes »

Raminator wrote:Probably better off searching AliExpress than eBay, you could get the Panzer III Ausf L upper hull, mufflers and exhaust deflector for less than £20.
Thank you for that, I’ve not used aliexpress so I’ll have a look. I assume it’s ‘safe’?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

You can check out with PayPal on Aliexpress Simon, it usually adds a couple of pence on the total for this option though. One other thing that I have noticed using Aliexpress since Brexit is the price of the item you are looking at changes when you add it to the cart, it only adds the tax when it's in there.

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Model Builder 4 wrote:You can check out with PayPal on Aliexpress Simon, it usually adds a couple of pence on the total for this option though. One other thing that I have noticed using Aliexpress since Brexit is the price of the item you are looking at changes when you add it to the cart, it only adds the tax when it's in there.

Cheers,Lee.
Thats fair enough Lee, I’ve noticed that Chinese companies on eBay include a line for vat on their invoices but the price on eBay seems to already include it. Either way, it’s cheaper than having the post office handling charge slapped on top when it arrives here!
I’m wondering if I should go for a turret as well? I’m looking for a DAK tank so I’m so wondering if I can keep the short barrel 50mm of the tauchpanzer? I actually have the Peddinghaus decals for an Ausf E so. I think I need to get my Ausf’s sorted out!!
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Just had a look on Ali Express and I'm impressed! I'm thinking that an upper hull with turret might be a better idea but either just upper hull or complete upper with turret would be from TankZhang and they seem to only take payment via "T/T, Western Union, Escrow, Alipay" and no mention of PayPal. With postage the complete upper hull would cost £58 including postage but I'm a bit leary about this payment methods. What do you think? I'm toying with buying a Taigen upper hull and turret from Forgebear but that would be £70 plus postage. It might be a 'safer' option though?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Some sellers do not accept PayPal on there Simon, there is usually an option on the payment page of the checkout section which you can change to choose which method you want to pay with, I have never bought anything from someone on there if they do not accept PayPal though.

Don't forget also that you could get slapped with extra charges such as import duties, even if they state that you are paying for it at the checkout, I bought a flysky radio a little while back off of there and while the price seemed pretty reasonable I then got charged with import tax and had to pay about another 20 quid on top, so not such a good deal :thumbdown: i would weigh up my options before diving in :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Thanks Lee , actually being able to just buy the upper hull would be very good to produce an ausf J but I’m very leary about the finance aspect. I would have expected it to say in their t&cs if they accepted PayPal so I’m guessing not so I might have to go down the Forgebear route. No need to decide this minute!
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

I've had no issues buying stuff from AliExpress before, but like Lee suggested I've always used PayPal. There'll be other sellers with Heng Long bits, there should be one who'll take PayPal.

I got a T-34 fuel tank through AliExpress recently, it even came completely assembled!

Return to “HL Panzer III”