Barrel lenght ?

Fixes and mods for the HL Pershing (Snow Leopard)
dane61
Lance Corporal

Barrel lenght ?

Post by dane61 »

What is the correct barrel lenght for a m26. I read in painless tread that the HL pershing barrel is to fat and short. He mentioned the diameter of the barrel to be 12 tapering down to 10 mm, but no info on the barrel lenght. Anyone? ( im ditching the BB, and will make a new barrel for recoil)

TIA Dane61
taigen tiger1 late ir
HL sherman 105mm BB
HL Sherman M4A3E4ish.BB
HL JP recoil, traverse.
HL M26 ir
HL KV1 ir
WsnT34 ir
HL KV2ish
HL Tiger1 early
HL Panzer IV, ir
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Barrel lenght ?

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
Here is the quote from the Build thread for B-12:

"Alpha,
Thank you in advance. ;o) You might look at your pink Pershing and note how the barrel of the 90mm is thicker at the mantlet then does a slight taper down and remains the same diameter from there until it reaches the muzzle brake. ( well, it would if the barrel was not shortened on yours ;o) The Tamiya barrel diameter at the mantlet is 13mm. On the HL, it is 15mm then tapers to 12mm. I don't have a Tamiya barrel to measure but the barrel diameter at the muzzle brake should be 10mm at least. I think that what makes the HL barrel look out of proportion is not so much the diameter as it is the shortened overall length."

The length of the barrel that Alpha manufactured for me including the length to insert into the air gun mechanism and the muzzle brake is 261mm.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Barrel lenght ?

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Afternoon,
Here is the quote from the Build thread for B-12:

"Alpha,
Thank you in advance. ;o) You might look at your pink Pershing and note how the barrel of the 90mm is thicker at the mantlet then does a slight taper down and remains the same diameter from there until it reaches the muzzle brake. ( well, it would if the barrel was not shortened on yours ;o) The Tamiya barrel diameter at the mantlet is 13mm. On the HL, it is 15mm then tapers to 12mm. I don't have a Tamiya barrel to measure but the barrel diameter at the muzzle brake should be 10mm at least. I think that what makes the HL barrel look out of proportion is not so much the diameter as it is the shortened overall length."

The length of the barrel that Alpha manufactured for me including the length to insert into the air gun mechanism and the muzzle brake is 261mm.

regards,
Painless
Dane ..this measurement is good for the recoil too.... I got the dimensions from a sample Tamiya barrel ;)

Good Luck with your mod :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “HL Pershing (Snow Leopard)”