Picture compression

Do you need help with or have an issue with the RC Tank Warfare website, post here!
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Picture compression

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

I have recently changed to a Windows 7 64 bit operating system and I need to reduce the picture so I can post here. Can anyone tell me how it's done so I can get my build posted?

-Dan
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
Inflatable
Private

Re: Picture compression

Post by Inflatable »

http://dvdvideosoft.com/

Install that and you'll have access to all kinds of free open source software including stuff to edit and convert pictures in size etc..

Just make sure you do not install the toolbar, accelerator and tuneup crap that comes with it, unless you want to offcourse..
Saracen
Lance Corporal

Post by Saracen »

I use IrfanView as my default picture viewer, but Win7 comes with good old Microsoft Paint, which has an easy to use Resize function.

Adrian.
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Thank you very much. I appreciate the assitance. I have had serveral ask me to post the build. I wanted to get the pictures up.

-Dan
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

I would like to tip you about this tool.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... ws-7vista/

I used it on my pc with XP , and found it for the W7 to. It's not something I use to compress my Photoshop work, but to add stuff on forums it's extremly simple.

After install it will be in the R click mouse menu.

R click on the pic you want to compress
resizephotos.jpg
resizephotos.jpg (29.33 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
And then select the size you want. It will save the new one and keep the org file to.
Attachments
resizepictureswithrightclickcontextmenu.jpg
resizepictureswithrightclickcontextmenu.jpg (47.2 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Drammen Rock City
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Hello:
Appriciated. I did this with the initial posting, post switching to Windows 7 Home Professional I couldn't find the menu. I appreciate you posting this.

Regards,
-Dan

Return to “Help”