Ad bar

Do you need help with or have an issue with the RC Tank Warfare website, post here!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Ad bar

Post by jarndice »

I don't know if it is on all my go to sites but it is certainly on this and RCU,
And these are where my day begins,
Talking of RCU they have begun full screen pop ups inviting me to try a different way of responding,
It is very annoying and I have cut back my visits since it started,
For goodness sake I wish websites would stop blo*dy changing things purely because they can :thumbdown:
They could at least ask the users first, It is only good manners after all :lolno:
By the way I am not having a pop at RCTW as this particular intrusion appears to be outside of the Site.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

A couple of things,
I don't have Google, For any searching I use "BING"and when I did use Google I used an "Ad Blocker" but I would try to access a site only to be told that I would have to switch off my Ad Blocker first,
So I dumped both Google and the Ad Blocker.
I switched off "POP UPs" on my Net providers home page way back when but the RCU Site initiated its own pop ups as a "Service" to its members.
Shaun.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Matt has now deleted the ad banner, so the problem will cease to exist. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

wibblywobbly wrote:Matt has now deleted the ad banner, so the problem will cease to exist. :thumbup:
He certainly has :O Now, that's one really decisive method of terminating a discussion. ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I am pleased it has been resolved,
I just hope it wont affect the site because I assume there was some form of financial return from the Tank Related company's that once adorned the banner.
Shaun.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Rest assured the income from the advertising ceased a long while back. It was a free advertising banner that was simply left there, if Google hadn't started playing fun and games, it still would be.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
bikerdude
Lance Corporal

Post by bikerdude »

Thanks, it was only a little thing, but very annoying, and I always find random adverts like that make sites look less used/cared for.

Strangely, out of the few forums I visit this was the only 1 to suffer the issue, the ZT forum still showing only adverts for club traders?

Thanks.

Return to “Help”