Need Help for a Friend Who Cannot Get Registered

Do you need help with or have an issue with the RC Tank Warfare website, post here!
Oxotnik
Recruit

Need Help for a Friend Who Cannot Get Registered

Post by Oxotnik »

Dear Admins,
I'm a new member. A friend of mine who turned me on to tanks, and this website, cannot get registered on this website himself. He cannot get the system to send him the registration email. He's checked his spam filter and all that.

His user ID is Tread Flintstone.

Can someone intervene to get him registered, so that he can start getting his tank on... ?

Best Regards,
Chuck
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Need Help for a Friend Who Cannot Get Registered

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I can not see anyone with that user ID listed. Do you know what date he tried to register?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Asking to obvious question, has he got his email address correct?
Oxotnik
Recruit

Post by Oxotnik »

He has verified that his email is correct, and that nothing was getting caught in his spam filter. 'Tread Flintstone' is the name that he told me he has tried to register. He also told me that he tried to re-register as Tread Flintstone last night, but that system told him that that username is already in use. Would it help if I provided a direct email address for him? He tried to register, the day before yesterday... so, on 01 August, although it may have been 02Aug by then in the UK.

I actually thought about using 'Blarney Rubble,' but I was afraid that Wheelma wouldn't approve. Plus, I commonly use Oxotnik for most of my online stuff. Oxotnik is transliterated from Russian (???????), and means 'the hunter,' which is rather appropriate for warbirds and tanks. :-)
Oxotnik
Recruit

Post by Oxotnik »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Has he tried logging in with tread Flintstone?
Meaning with a lower case t? I'll ask.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I've asked the other MODS if they have any ideas. Amongst us is one with Administrator rights who may be able to help. Don't do anything drastic until we have had a chance to confer.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Oxotnik
Recruit

Post by Oxotnik »

Silversurfer and Mick,
I just sent you two a PM with Tread Flintstone's email addy, but it looks like the email is hung up in my outbox, and hasn't actually been sent. Is there some period of time that a new user has to wait before he can send PM's?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

PM received. Will consult with my fellows. For what it's worth, I had problems with some on line banking, when, for some reason, none of their emails about resetting my password would get through.
Richard
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

Maybe he should look in spam box? Once I found a confirmation email there...
Oxotnik
Recruit

Post by Oxotnik »

Spam box has been thoroughly checked, as well as his email address.

Return to “Help”