Weird things on latest hobby news

Do you need help with or have an issue with the RC Tank Warfare website, post here!
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Weird things on latest hobby news

Post by dgsselkirk »

Weird things are happening on latest hobby news guys. Just regular forum postings are showing up...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Weird things on latest hobby news

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I guess people don't read the forum titles properly before posting. Hobby news is top of the list so it seems people are just posting in the first one they come to.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

I didn't think you could post in there unless you were a vendor... :)
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have posted a few things there myself, but they were all relevant - new products or similar. I think it is only the Vendors NEW Items that is restricted to vendors only.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Yup its members posting in the wrong area. I would move them, but the system looks as though it will move everything under Hobby News not just the one thread. I don't really want to mess the whole Hobby News section up, so I have left them as is.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

You should have a moderator menu at the bottom-right hand corner of a thread that'll let you move that particular thread to a different forum. You should also be able to set up a redirect so that the OP will know where their thread has gone.

I haven't used the mod/admin tools in phpBB 3, but I assume they haven't changed (much) since phpBB 2.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The menu option seems to select the whole of Hobby News, rather than just the thread within it. There should be a way of shifting just the topic, I've done it before with other mis-posts, I'll have a play around with it when I get the chance.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Help”