Random SQL errors

Do you need help with or have an issue with the RC Tank Warfare website, post here!
Lenny Warren
Private

Random SQL errors

Post by Lenny Warren »

Hi there,

I’m getting random SQL errors, intermittent when either replying to posts or sending PMs..
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x89\x0A\x0A...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Any thoughts?
Lenny
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Random SQL errors

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Lenny,

This type of error message usually occurs if you try adding an emoji or the like that is not one of the one's that is used on the site, it doesn't recognize the values so flags up as an error message. If you have tried to add say for instance a thumbs up emoji that the site doesn't know this is what happens, if you have done this try omitting it and you should find the message will work then, hope this helps,

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Lenny Warren
Private

Post by Lenny Warren »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Hi Lenny,

This type of error message usually occurs if you try adding an emoji or the like that is not one of the one's that is used on the site, it doesn't recognize the values so flags up as an error message. If you have tried to add say for instance a thumbs up emoji that the site doesn't know this is what happens, if you have done this try omitting it and you should find the message will work then, hope this helps,

Cheers, Lee.
Thanks, that makes sense as using my iPad and smilies… phew, was getting worried there.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Happened to me as well. When I use Tapatalk I can use regular emojis.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hopefully that is the source of your error Lenny ??? Now you can message away at your leisure :D

Tapatalk is a forum based platform Jimster so I imagine that it's developers use a similar code and values for things like emojis, they look a little different to the one's that are used on this site but they normally work and display fine on here while messaging from their app :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Lenny Warren
Private

Post by Lenny Warren »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Hopefully that is the source of your error Lenny ??? Now you can message away at your leisure :D

Tapatalk is a forum based platform Jimster so I imagine that it's developers use a similar code and values for things like emojis, they look a little different to the one's that are used on this site but they normally work and display fine on here while messaging from their app :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Yes, all sorted now. I host and admin militaria collecting forums so just used to using any smilies. All good now...

Return to “Help”