ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Folding mudguards

Post by ronnie42 »

P4030073.jpg
P4030072.jpg
P4030074.jpg
P4030075.jpg
Gave my Tiger 1 a tidy up wanted to sort mudguards but not fit Aber . Used small plastic hinges for rc plane. Cut off mudguard extensions , file an angle on main mudguard glue and pin .You want the hinge to just be proud of surface, cut some styrene or thin metal to size. Best to have a lip on underside to hide hinge then plaster some filler ( mud effect) to hide hinge when its folded up.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Folding mudguards

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

They seem to work, and that's the most important thing. :thumbup: Looking right for the part is almost as important; more so for some. Aileron nylon hinges are fine (I used them on my Cromwell scratch build), but sometimes bespoke hinges can be bought specifically for German tanks, to satisfy those builders of catwalk tanks who possess hyper- critical eyes. :D Asiatam and others sell them.. (The hinges..not the eyes)
I found doll's house hinges (brass and plastic) to be suitable for a number of fitments, including hatches..
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “HL Tiger 1”