Recruit

Re: Henglong tiger1 BB gun intermittant

Post by Gazbo »

PS - that was the price for a 250ml can.But It will last ages here. :wtf:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Fascinating! You both surprise really me! I once worked at ATV music, where I encountered such luminaries as Lynsey de Paul, Barry Blue (really Green), Olivia Newton John et al.. but I was destined to build model tanks, and play real music...albeit to a handful of people (over 500 once at the 'Hungry Years' in Brighton.. a trendy cafe/ballroom type Jazz club opened by none other than Ronnie Scott. When I played there on guitar, with one partner, we filled in for Bill le Sage, once a well known
jazz musician. We were offered regular work there, but dodgy management finances forced the venue to close..honest :lolno: ..it wasn't our performances!)
Here's 43RR on bass ( on right with baseball cap..and yes, there's plenty of hair underneath it :D )at a folk festival in 1986...There's probably an early Tamiya tank somewhere in the background :think: :shifty: ..just to keep on topic, and there was an intermittent connection in the guitar lead..solved by contact cleaner :haha:
Attachments
Baseball cap from my 'Sally B'- B17 support era
Baseball cap from my 'Sally B'- B17 support era
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

My life has been dogged by cable failures, Am I the only one who carries spare cables as well as spare strings in the case?
I have to wonder if there is any form of testing before they are allowed to be sold,
This by the way apply's with equal relevance to both the strat, the Amp, and any one of my Tanks. :thumbdown:
I have pretty much resolved the movement of cables in the hull and body of my Tanks by using cable ties to lock everything in place.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Gazbo
Recruit

Post by Gazbo »

I find (where possible - a quick dab with the hot glue gun works a treat. (I have also been known to cover soldered connections with it too - when I have no heat shrink left ! does the trick. easy to remove too. Sometimes I find the cable ties are stronger than the wire they are holding, and clipping them off at the next visit - in a confined space, coupled with my crap eyesight,and me being a "Ham-fisted bugger" causes the cable tie to remain intact, but instead - the wire being cut.LOL
(Nowthen... should I cut the blue, or the red ? tick tock - tick tock !)LOL

Return to “HL Tiger 1”