HL Tiger I Things to Fix List

Fixes and mods for the HL Tiger 1
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: HL Tiger I Things to Fix List

Post by littletankman »

Hi yer , I just cut through the tank with a very sharp craft knife , using a steel rule . I found this mod relatively easy . But my stepson has a HL tiget I to . His is an early version so goat do it all again!
HL: Tiger I sSS101 2nd Kompanie (212), HL: PzIII/Stug , Tam: sherman(fo) ,Tam: Sherman (vintage) ,Tam: Kingtiger(fo) ,Tam: Kingtiger (vintage,upgraded) , 21st Cent Sdkfz 251 (static at the mo ) / Son HL panther(altered) ,Son HL Tiger1 sSS101 1st Kompanie , HL Pz.IV , daughter HL Tiger1 sSS101 hopefu
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Dave ,
I have done all the mods inc moving the turret back 10mm and centerlising the turret ring . I to was going to get a Tamiya turret but Im out of work so I will have to stick with the HL for now . I have also altered the followig :

1: Opened drivers vision port ,
2: Opened two side vision ports,
3: Altered the exhausts so it smokes correctly,
4: Altered the crank handle holes to two as my Tigers a late war version so it will have the newer engine,
5: Altered the angles of the rear bins and lowered middle piece and added the ' mushroom ',
6: Added the late war (post April '44) turret protection ring,
7: Removed the extra convoy light , as you mentioned but Ive made the correct one work,
8: Added weld seams were aplicable,
HL: Tiger I sSS101 2nd Kompanie (212), HL: PzIII/Stug , Tam: sherman(fo) ,Tam: Sherman (vintage) ,Tam: Kingtiger(fo) ,Tam: Kingtiger (vintage,upgraded) , 21st Cent Sdkfz 251 (static at the mo ) / Son HL panther(altered) ,Son HL Tiger1 sSS101 1st Kompanie , HL Pz.IV , daughter HL Tiger1 sSS101 hopefu
daviddunlop
Private

Post by daviddunlop »

Hello Rob.

I must have been asleep longer than I thought...

You mentioned in an earlier comment that AsiaTam now has a new lower Tiger I hull assembly that solves the incorrect suspension arm orientation problem. I took a quick look at their site this morning but think I missed spotting it. Not enough tea in me yet I guess. Can you point me in the right direction for this item, as I would like to have a closer look.

Best regards,

David
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

here you go david
http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/asia ... -512-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
donut
Recruit

Post by donut »

Here's my mod and relocation of the HL Tiger 1 turret so I could add the turret protection ring. Turned out to be more work than I expected. Had to make the base of the turret round by filling the rear with epoxy and trimming a little plastic off the front. Next step is to make the turret asymmetrical. The gap between the bottom of the turret and the hull is too big as well. I'm going to trim the lip of the turret ring on the hull a little to lower the turret.
turret1.jpg
turret1.jpg (92.08 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
turret2.jpg
turret2.jpg (76.73 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
turret3.jpg
turret3.jpg (46.57 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
turret4.jpg
turret4.jpg (97.88 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Donut,

Well done mate I did this mod some time ago but the Tigers sitting not finished . At least you sorted the turret position as the turret ring wont work on a stock HL Tiger. Well done mate.

Andy
donut
Recruit

Post by donut »

Hi Andy,

Thanks. The things we go through just for that little bit of detail :crazy:
Busymodeler
Recruit

Post by Busymodeler »

I'm loving the articles but no reference links work. Have See the domain name changed, which has broken a lot of the original article and picture links.
Tiger 1. KV1, T34/85 and PkzIII all by Heng Long, painted and moded by me. It's fun and tricky stuff.
birger
Lance Corporal

Post by birger »

Hey David,

try this one for more infomation :D

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=11459

Greetings
Birger
Fahrzeuge einsatzbereit: Tiger I HL 313, Tiger I Tamiya S33, Star Wars Tiger, Bergetiger
In der Inst: HL-PIII Lackierung, Vollkettenschlepper, Tiefladeanhänger
In Planung: MLRS,Crusader, KöTi, Jagdtiger, PIII, PIV,

Return to “HL Tiger 1”