HL-Tiger antenna position

Fixes and mods for the HL Tiger 1
birger
Lance Corporal

HL-Tiger antenna position

Post by birger »

Hi guys,

today you are going to take care of the right position of the antenna.

Almost every tank has got one.

So does the HL. But, according to the original position on a real Tiger, it is in the wrong position on the HL.

Here you can see the original position.

That is the position on the HL.

It should be here.

Before we change position, follow the next steps:

1. Remove the Tiger tracks
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 18&t=11460

2. Open the Tiger
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 18&t=11461

Unscrew the antenna cable.

Remove antenna socket and fill the old hole.

Drill a new 4mm hole on the new position.

Force the socket into the hole and screw the cable back on.

Normally that´s it........but, I´m sorry, it is not.

Because of the new position, the speaker is in the way, now.

You have to move it to be able to assemble the hull to the chassis.

Unscrew the three speaker screws.

Now you can move the speaker a little bit backwards.

There you can either glue it or prepare new screw holes.

At last you can reassemble the hull to the chassis and mount the tracks.

Greetings
Birger

For a lot more help with your Heng Long Tiger I tank, follow the below link ...
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 18&t=11459
Fahrzeuge einsatzbereit: Tiger I HL 313, Tiger I Tamiya S33, Star Wars Tiger, Bergetiger
In der Inst: HL-PIII Lackierung, Vollkettenschlepper, Tiefladeanhänger
In Planung: MLRS,Crusader, KöTi, Jagdtiger, PIII, PIV,
Mickp868
Recruit

Re: HL-Tiger antenna position

Post by Mickp868 »

I’ve got a 6.0 version and when I opened up the tank the antenna is not connected to the tank antenna. There is a very short black lead coming out of the control unit, I assume this is the antenna.

I have fitted an after market antenna in the correct location on the hull. Can I delete the supplied antenna as it does not appear to do anything other than possibly re-radiate any signal picked up from the transmitter. At 3.2GHz I would expect an antenna to be about 24mm long to achieve 1/4 wavelength. Is it sensible to add a wire from my new antenna to the short antenna cable in the tank ? Will this improve the range ?
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Mickp868 wrote:I’ve got a 6.0 version and when I opened up the tank the antenna is not connected to the tank antenna. There is a very short black lead coming out of the control unit, I assume this is the antenna.

I have fitted an after market antenna in the correct location on the hull. Can I delete the supplied antenna as it does not appear to do anything other than possibly re-radiate any signal picked up from the transmitter. At 3.2GHz I would expect an antenna to be about 24mm long to achieve 1/4 wavelength. Is it sensible to add a wire from my new antenna to the short antenna cable in the tank ? Will this improve the range ?
Hello :D
Unless I'm mistaken or bad sight on my part? ´I think you forgot this?
viewforum.php?f=42
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello :'( thank you for presentation...
Hello,
version 6.0 is in 2.4 ghz, so do not under any circumstances shorten or lengthen the antenna, like any receiver by the way, it works very well.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

to add to the excellent post above from Birger, on the first Tigre I Heng Long, ilny also has to refocus the turret? indeed not good place, must move back by 13/15 mm approximately, for that there is an eye of surgery to be carried out, on the frame and the base of the turret, for next request, prefer to post in Heng Long :thumbup:
Mickp868
Recruit

Post by Mickp868 »

So basically the supplied antenna is a legacy of 27MHz operation and doesn’t do anything for v6.0 tanks, mine seems to run perfectly well without it fitted. The short lead coming from the controller, which I assume is the 3.2GHz antenna I think should be able to be connected to my realistic antenna. Theoretically receive range should be improved as I would be moving from a minimum spec 1/4 wavelength antenna to one that it several wavelengths long, bigger Antenna, stronger received signal, only downside might be increased interference limiting range.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Mickp868 wrote:So basically the supplied antenna is a legacy of 27MHz operation and doesn’t do anything for v6.0 tanks, mine seems to run perfectly well without it fitted. The short lead coming from the controller, which I assume is the 3.2GHz antenna I think should be able to be connected to my realistic antenna. Theoretically receive range should be improved as I would be moving from a minimum spec 1/4 wavelength antenna to one that it several wavelengths long, bigger Antenna, stronger received signal, only downside might be increased interference limiting range.
8O Hello,
if I understand ? you have a 2.4 Ghz turntable and an original 27 Mhz antenna? why absolutely want to lengthen this one which is adapted to the RX, which moreover will not bring any improvement, except maybe disturb the reception. Your calculation 1/4 of waves ect, it is good in the world of radio amateurism, but not in the case of a radio control !! it is also welcome specified in all the manuals of any radio, that the antenna must not be cut or extended, after that it is up to you to see
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

the chariot it is. new, or used? think 27 Mhz origin, from where this antenna comes out, and transformed into 2.4 ghz, a photo would be welcome, to confirm
Mickp868
Recruit

Post by Mickp868 »

It’s a brand new tank, you can see the base of the fitted antenna has no connection or means of connecting, loose wires are from upgraded headlights awaiting the soldering iron. The small black wire coming out of the controller looks like an antenna, it is shown in the manual but not identified.
Mickp868
Recruit

Post by Mickp868 »

Looks like I lost the photo!
Attachments
A8DA6086-879D-4AF4-9F45-37052D6DBBB5.jpeg

Return to “HL Tiger 1”