Help with Taigen Tiger 1 infrared

Fixes and mods for the HL Tiger 1
Cropsy
Recruit

Help with Taigen Tiger 1 infrared

Post by Cropsy »

Hi all, looking for some much needed help and advice if possible please? I have recently started to build the Taigen TT 1 much to the fact that i love modelling, in particular weathering etc. My tank is infrared capable but I don’t any experience when it comes to electronics. I have followed what I can from the instructions but I am really struggling in knowing which lead connects to what part of the mother board. I believe I have all the right parts but cannot be 100%. A really simple ‘what to do with any pictures’ would be ideal I’m sure to get me on the right path. I can’t seem to find it on YouTube etc Any suggestions would much appreciated!
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Help with Taigen Tiger 1 infrared

Post by wibblywobbly »

Your best bet is Google images, search for the board, click on images, and find the one that you have, there are loads on there. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Not sure how recent your model is, but here's a selection of connection diagrams. You can also download a reasonable (pdf. format) Owner's manual for the TT1 from Taigentanks.com in the US.
2017 Taigen MFU layout
2017 Taigen MFU layout
Wiring diagram for IR tanks
Wiring diagram for IR tanks
You can download these and more details from Taigentanks.
Taigen general layout- MFU connection
Taigen general layout- MFU connection
These are a few examples of what you can find if you dig around the Archives here, or from the 'Net.
Download your User Manual from here, if you've not already got one..
https://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-user-manuals/
Best of luck :wave:
Clicking on the pics should enLARGE them a bit...
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Cropsy
Recruit

Post by Cropsy »

Many thanks for all of your responses - enough there for me to kick it off
Cropsy
Recruit

Post by Cropsy »

Think I am going crazy!!!

Still no joy on the electronics- could well be my soldering, connections etc but I have folllowed the guides and no life at all! I have acTiagen TT 1 with an advanced 2.4ghz dig remote control which I have tried to bind. The motor is working but no life otherwise. Could I have the wrong parts? Frustrating is not the word but I want this to happen! Sorry to ask again,..,..any suggestions dear experts! Thanks
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Cropsy wrote:Think I am going crazy!!!

Still no joy on the electronics- could well be my soldering, connections etc but I have folllowed the guides and no life at all! I have acTiagen TT 1 with an advanced 2.4ghz dig remote control which I have tried to bind. The motor is working but no life otherwise. Could I have the wrong parts? Frustrating is not the word but I want this to happen! Sorry to ask again,..,..any suggestions dear experts! Thanks
You need to be a little more specific, i.e. 'by 'motor' do you mean the drive motors, or the turret motor, or the recoil....
What have you been soldering? It's easy enough to check for dry joints with a 'wiggle' test, or with a simple continuity tester. Most digital multimeters have a continuity test function.
There is a button to switch the 'engine' on, it's on the Transmitter. Some functions depend upon on the 'engine' running. It sounds obvious, but if the tank is not fully switched on, it won't work
All batteries must be fully charged for the electronics to function properly. Double and triple check the JSTs (the white connectors) are in the correct positions on the MFU, ( tank motherboard.)
here's Erik of Taigen Tanks explaining how to bind a tank
phpBB [video]

He has posted lots of useful videos on Youtube, including how to run simple tests on tank components and parts. Do check them out. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Cropsy
Recruit

Post by Cropsy »

Thank you - your help and obvious knowledge is really appreciated. I will run through your suggestions after work tomorrow and hopefully have some joy! Great that we have such knowledgeable people to ask
Many thanks again

Return to “HL Tiger 1”