RC Hen Long M1A2 Abram

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
Woody0162
Recruit

RC Hen Long M1A2 Abram

Post by Woody0162 »

Hi

Can anyone help me please. I have an old RC tank that I have had for years. Just dig it up charged the battery and when I connect it to the tank all i have is flashing lights. I'v looked on the internet and all it say is the crystal need replacing. I have stripped the tank down but I cannot find where the Crystal's are if it has them ag all.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: RC Hen Long M1A2 Abram

Post by PainlessWolf »

Woody, my man...
Good Morning and welcome to the Forum. We can probably help you with your issues once we get a chance to know a little bit more about you and your tank. Introduction thread would be nice and some more information about what kind of tank that you are having problems with for starters. Pics would be great!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Okay, that's interesting. But first, make sure to post an introduction!

So when you plug in the battery, the lights flash? That seems like it is just the prompt foy you to "Unlock your tank"

On your radio, all the way to the right, there should be a padlock emblem on a button. Press that when the lights are flashing, and it may take a few tries, but see if they become solid, and you should be able to drive around.

Does your tank say 2.4 ghz?
Woody0162
Recruit

Post by Woody0162 »

Sorry for no introduction I'm new to forums.

For some reason it's not letting g me upload any pictures.

The remote is a single hand one, silver with the main tank controls at the bottom and the turret controls in the middle and top. There are 2 buttons on the reverse side also. There is no unlock button on my controller!
Woody0162
Recruit

Post by Woody0162 »

Hi guys managed to find a picture online. I think this is my tank. There is also a button on the right side of a circle with a line through it. When I press this the button changes from red to orange but still no movement from the tank
Attachments
HENG-LONG-3816-1-24-USA-M1A2-Abrams-Airsoft-Battle-Panzer-RC-Tank-with-Programming-Function.jpg_640x640.jpg
HENG-LONG-3816-1-24-USA-M1A2-Abrams-Airsoft-Battle-Panzer-RC-Tank-with-Programming-Function.jpg_640x640.jpg (84.69 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Ah well there is the problem - you have been given instructions on how to fix a non responsive 1/16 'Smoke and Sound' Heng Long, where as you are trying to fix a 1/24 scale Heng Long - those things probably have a fixed crystal on the board like the old Non-Smoke and Sound 1/16 HL's, which would explain the lack of a removable crystal that you can fiddle with.

I'm afraid I have no experience with these smaller tanks, perhaps somebody else here does? I suspect the answer might be along the lines of 'give it a decent funeral' unless by some miracle somebody has one laying around - sadly they are not common around the hobbyist community, and spare parts were never really offered in the same way that their larger brothers were catered for.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole and learn how these things work, you could rig this up with the 1/16 scale Heng Long radio and receiver board, but that might be more hassle and expense than most would be willing to undertake - perhaps somebody on here could help you out with their unwanted left overs to keep the cost down?

(also, before the forum trolls come along, please follow the user joining instructions in your forum account confirmation email, and make a short post in the introductions thread - it helps the admins sort out the genuine users from the spam bots. Also, knowing roughly were you are geographically might entice somebody 'local' to you to reach into his junk box and find what you need, so worth taking the time eh? :thumbup: )
Woody0162
Recruit

Post by Woody0162 »

Hi. Thanks for the help. I think you might be right the tank has reached its end of life. Time to upgrade for a bigger better tank. Use the old one for target practice.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
Sounds like the old battery did not take a full charge. The button you are describing is the on\off button ( I believe ) Flashing lights and nothing else on a HL tank usually means not enough power to actually start things up. ( This is all from my old experience of running 1/24 scale VS Tanks for years ) The only tank of that scale that ran with no issues ( that I owned ) was a Tokyo Marui Tiger. They were always a cut above Heng Long and VS and the Forces of Valor tanks in 1/24.
regards!
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”