Metal upgrading new Heng Long Panther G

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
walter
Sergeant

Re: Metal upgrading new Heng Long Panther G

Post by walter »

Considering the hull construction of the Panther. To keep the smoker. Fitting the TK-6 upright to the left side of the hull. Having the ON-OF switch under the engine hatch. The smoker would have to be moved still backwards where the studs holding the two hull parts together. Just to much to keep the smoker. Having all that space up front though, a special smoker could fit there.
But that would be another project.
Attachments
IMG_20190903_094118 (2) (Small).jpg
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Is that funky slimline speaker the one it came with ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
walter
Sergeant

Post by walter »

Yes the Heng long PantherG came with that slimline speaker.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Some really impressive examples of what can be done with your exemplary skills. Those motor covers are very well done, all the work is outstanding :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

Cracking job there. Just a thought, did you consider cutting out the battery box? That would have freed up a helluva load of space inside the hull? I'm asking & following with interest as a Normandy/Ardennes Panther is high on the list of to-do's....
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
walter
Sergeant

Post by walter »

Hi cashybai,
frankly speaking, cutting out the whole battery box has not occurred to me at all. I must admit it is a very good idea.
Thank you Walter
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Post by Lo_Thar »

Super work - but i never understand why people spend lots of money to upgreade cheap plastic HL tanks. If you ever try Torro pro products and upgreade them, you will never but HL anymore
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Hl's may be cheap and cheerful but its all about what you want the end result to be. :D
I made 1/35 plastic kits when a kid , pulling it apart and ending up with a nice tank is a good way to go.
Hl £1-200 Pro tank £500 + and i think the Pro version would still need pulled apart and lots of work. :haha:
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Post by Lo_Thar »

Cheapest version of Torro pro model cost 350 euro (panther, sturmtiger, panzer III, IV) and have torsion bars and full metal lower hull + turret. Few people on our forum try to convert HL and buy all metal stuff like wheals etc - it cost more than new Torro
walter
Sergeant

Post by walter »

It is quite easy to understand, if I had gone that way as Lo_Thar has stated the cheapest Torro Pro model cost 350 Euro no metal upgrade needed.
350 Euro = 572 Au Dollar shipping not included.
Heng Long Panther $166 AU metal upgrade parts $170 AU total cost around $350 AU
Then there is the added pleasure and satisfaction of doing it.
And when I am all finished with it, who will know what is under the paint work.
Cheers

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”