Taigen barrel recoil issue

This board contains easy-to-do fixes on your new tanks from stock. This will hopefully help beginners to get the accuracy they want from their models.
DasPanzer
Corporal

Post by DasPanzer »

Not sure where to post this so if I am wrong mods please move or delete. Anywho just got a new turret and the recoil sticks when I fire the canon. It sticks about 90 percent of the time. I took the turret off and dissembled it and put on the replacement servo rod thingy but it still does it. My next course of action will be to sand the inside of the mantlet and see if that works. Any thoughts on more solutions? Thank guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Tanks

Henglong Tiger 1 Early Production
Henglong King Tiger in progress
Henglong Jagdpanther almost complete
Henglong Panzer 4 fresh out of box
Henglong Sherman almost complete
Taigen Tiger 1 Late Production custom build with ELMOD hopefully.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

It’s probably a deformed edge on one of the sliding components, while it’s out of the turret, have a play with it to see where you need to take some sandpaper or a Swiss file to it.
Cheers
Wayne

43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Taigen barrel recoil issue

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I take it that you have the Turret with the Airsoft Barrel Recoil feature, from Taigen? This video might help a wee bit. Separately, my guess is that the operating rod (not a great arrangement IMO), might be fouling the Mantlet. Failing that, then the servo may be fouling the wiring loom, or some other adjacent parts. Photos of your sick Tiger might help.
Perhaps some packaging (wee bits of styrene), or other foreign object has found its way into the sleeve the barrel recoils in?
If the barrel isn't completely straight, it might well stick when recoiling. :problem:
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
DasPanzer
Corporal

Post by DasPanzer »

That’s the video I watched before I torn into it. I will open it back up and see

My Tanks

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

If it's new, and you haven't done anything to invalidate the warranty, you could always ask for a replacement.
Failing that, after checking the condition of the barrel and mantlet, you could use a little silicon grease within the mantlet to aid running rather than risking scratching the sliding surfaces. Sometimes moving parts can jam if there's too much play.
That is of course if the problem is with the barrel in the mantlet.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
DasPanzer
Corporal

Post by DasPanzer »

I got it fixed. I had to reposition the servo arm and rod and now it works!!!! Thanks guys for your help!!!
My Tanks

Return to “Things to fix on your new tank”